One of the best things I've ever seen at a concert

• Members

no, not a praody thread on the police thread..

so a friend of mine and I got free tix and backstage passes to a Stones show at UTEP stadium in El Paso. This was the voodoo lounge tour. Great seats, 5th or 6th row. Bobby Key's longtime girlfriend was the daughter of a guy we worked with, got it all from her. We were waiting for the show to start, drunk as lords, laughing at all the respectable old folks around us reliving the glory days. A few rows ahead of us was one old couple wearing matching Team USA tracksuits. They must have already been 30 when the Stones began, they were in their 60's at least. As we are looking around, a kid with long very greasy hair comes stumbling up the aisle, obviously about 5 drinks past his max. As soon as he gets to the old couple in the tracksuits, he boots all over them. They are screaming, we are laughing, and from behind us, a huge biker looking dude jumps on his chair and screams "Rock and Roll!!". Amazing.

• Members

I saw something similar coming from a Yankees World Series game some years ago. Guy's obviously polluted, gets on the subway... after 2 stops, he projectile vomits.

But not directly down onto the floor! Nope - he somehow felt the need to lift and turn his head just as the spew began. The stuff shot across the thighs of a half-dozen people as his head turned. And then he continued, onto the two people seated to his right!

Thankfully I was just out of range.....

• Members

You Remind me my very first concert. It was in 1990, with HF Thiefaine (french singer). I was with 5 guys and we had one "magic cigarette" to share.. Below us, a guy, weared like a hippie, was laughing for no reason. He was alone but lolololol. He smoked a tobacco pipe, with strange thing inside. the smells were 10 times harder than our poor "magic cigarette" :D

So, at the third song, he felt off suddenly. The end. Medical team came and take him to the medical local.

At the end, when we leaved the venue, he was sit down along the wall and still lololololol :freak:

• Members

My Hovercraft is full of eels.

You Remind me my very first concert. It was in 1990, with HF Thiefaine (french singer). I was with 5 guys and we had one "magic cigarette" to share.. Below us, a guy, weared like a hippie, was laughing for no reason. He was alone but lolololol. He smoked a tobacco pipe, with strange thing inside. the smells were 10 times harder than our poor "magic cigarette"
:D
So, at the third song, he felt off suddenly. The end. Medical team came and take him to the medical local.

At the end, when we leaved the venue, he was sit down along the wall and still lololololol
:freak:

• Members

This isn't exactly something I saw at a concert, but it's still an interesting concert story. I worked with a guy years ago who is a huge Merle Haggard fan. Merle was doing a concert in town and for reasons unknown my co-worker didn't buy advance tickets. He figured that the show would not be a sell out since Merle had not been on the charts for some time. So he and his wife go to the concert hall and up to the ticket window. The ticket seller tells them that the concert is sold out including standing-room-only. My co-worker walks away from the ticket window just crushed and mad at himself for not buying his ticket in advance.

As he is leaving a guy who was standing against the wall near the ticket booth approaches him and says, "you want to see Merle Haggard?"; if so, I have two tickets to sell that are center stage in the 2nd or 3rd row. My co-worker is a little leary but the guy says that Merle is a personal friend of his and gave him 4 tickets for the show and he only needs two. My co-worker thinks to himself that this guy's story is a load of poop, but the tickets look legit so he buys them at face value price. So the concert is great and near the end, after finding out how big a fan my co-worker is, Merle's friend says "you want to go backstage and meet Merle?". Again my co-worker is suspicious but says "sure". Well, everything Merle's friend said was true and my co-worker was beaming for the next few weeks. Getting to meet Merle is one of the high points in his life and a great experience to remember.

JR

Archived