Do you really need a DVD for this?

Thunderbroom

• Moderators

There was a thread on TB about how to relic an instrument. I was very sceptical of it at first, but having looked at that I have immense respect for that guy, it really is an art!

It is a very detail oriented art. I have much respect for it for that reason alone.

• Members

At least the dvd doesn't promote the bull{censored} that vintage instruments carry some magical mojo. They are simply old (often beat up) instruments.

Word. I hate that crap, vintage=old. I personally don't equate thin sound, scratchy input and pots, and a ton of fret buzz with "mojo", but whatever. If people want to pay thousands for a crappy sounding bass, they can go for it.

As for relicing a bass, that's like dressing up your 2007 Accord to look like a 1982 CVCC Hatchback...

C7

• Members

As for relicing a bass, that's like dressing up your 2007 Accord to look like a 1982 CVCC Hatchback...

C7

:D

I wonder if I should take my mint condition 1994 Q5 out back, let my cats scratch and piss and crap on it for a while, leave it out in the rain, give it exactly 5 strategically placed hits with a hammer and then take it to my next gig to show off my newly "vintaged" Modulus ax... :freak:

Archived