How Genz-Benz Saved My Life

basshunter

• Members

It was a lovely evening on Wednesday, and I decided to do a little fishing. I had head of this amazing fishing hole down a river near my house, a beautiful gorge through the river with many deep pools holding good sized trout. It's about an hour walk in, basically IN the river, but it was pleasant and warm out, and the scenery is incredible. So after wet wading my way down to the gorge, I am met by the sight of several large fish holding in a deep pool. I wade out to a large rock above the pool, creep up on it and begin casting. On my second retrieve, my lure gets snagged on the rocks as it comes out of the water. I lean forward a tad and try to shake it free. I'm applying a little pressure when...

SNAP!

The line breaks, I lose my balance and fall squarely on my left elbow with great force. It takes me a minute to gatheer myself, and as I stand back up, I realize blood is SPURTING out of a large deep gash in my elbow. I try direct pressure, to little avail. I'm an hour + into the woods, in a river, all alone, losing blood more quickly than I am comfortable with. I assess the situation and realize I probably shouldn't walk out without doing something to control the bleeding.

So I take my t-shirt, my GB Tone Patrol t-shirt, the very one hasbeen had so kindly sent me, rip it into a bandage, tie it around my elbow and hike my way back out. Imagine MrsBHtobe's surprise when I walked into the house 2.5 hours after I'd set out fishing, covered in dirt, sweat and blood with a blood soaked t-shirt tied around my elbow!!!!!!!

So that's it, I'll never stop playing Genz-Benz...they saved my life! :D

• Members
Nice. Clumsy dumbass.
:D

I fell off of a 12' culvert into a creek and went through the culvert and out the other side once, when I was about 10. I looked like I had been beat up by 4 guys; thankfully I didn't drop my fly rod.
:idea:
C7

I don't have a Tone patrol T- shirt, and my Genz Benz Polo is developing holes.......Not that I need any more stuff from them. I'm just sayin........

• Members

It was a lovely evening on Wednesday, and I decided to do a little fishing. I had head of this amazing fishing hole down a river near my house, a beautiful gorge through the river with many deep pools holding good sized trout. It's about an hour walk in, basically IN the river, but it was pleasant and warm out, and the scenery is incredible. So after wet wading my way down to the gorge, I am met by the sight of several large fish holding in a deep pool. I wade out to a large rock above the pool, creep up on it and begin casting. On my second retrieve, my lure gets snagged on the rocks as it comes out of the water. I lean forward a tad and try to shake it free. I'm applying a little pressure when...

SNAP!

The line breaks, I lose my balance and fall squarely on my left elbow with great force. It takes me a minute to gatheer myself, and as I stand back up, I realize blood is SPURTING out of a large deep gash in my elbow. I try direct pressure, to little avail. I'm an hour + into the woods, in a river, all alone, losing blood more quickly than I am comfortable with. I assess the situation and realize I probably shouldn't walk out without doing something to control the bleeding.

So I take my t-shirt, my GB Tone Patrol t-shirt, the very one hasbeen had so kindly sent me, rip it into a bandage, tie it around my elbow and hike my way back out. Imagine MrsBHtobe's surprise when I walked into the house 2.5 hours after I'd set out fishing, covered in dirt, sweat and blood with a blood soaked t-shirt tied around my elbow!!!!!!!

So that's it, I'll never stop playing Genz-Benz...they saved my life!
:D

This is the lamest excuse I've ever heard for trying to get Hasbeen to send you another G-B freebie T-shirt.

Glad you're okay!

• Members

Whoa. Deja vu!!!!

:lol:

But seriously, if I were trying to get Roger to send me a new shirt, I'd have come up with something MUCH more compelling than that. In fact, I'm fairly sure he'd give me all sorts of swag just to keep me off a golf course at the same time he's out there :D

• Members

I've sold at least 2 guys on this website on Genz Benz Neox-212T cabs and I haven't even qualified for a GB sticker. I guess the moral of the story is that I shouldn't go fishing.

its the matter of that amp you play built by those scoundrels in Petaluma.

;)

I kid...I kid...don't want Boggie police after me. PM me you address and size........I shall send a shirt. :D

• Members

Hey Jason......great story!....and GLAD YOU'RE OKAY!!! Do you still have the T shirt? I'd love a pic of it and your elbow....would put on our myspace page.....I'm trying to keep that site interesting and irreverant. Sorry though...not at your expense.

PM me your size and address.....I'll send out another shirt. I don't have tone arsenal shirts anymore though. ....we have black t's that say genz benz, scottsdale arizona.

• Members

Hey Jason......great story!....and GLAD YOU'RE OKAY!!! Do you still have the T shirt? I'd love a pic of it and your elbow....would put on our myspace page.....I'm trying to keep that site interesting and irreverant. Sorry though...not at your expense.

PM me your size and address.....I'll send out another shirt. I don't have tone arsenal shirts anymore though. ....we have black t's that say genz benz, scottsdale arizona.

I hate to be a bother, but the shop I work at sells GB, and I'm using and promoting an all GB rig. If you have XXXL or even XXL, I'll shell out for it! :confused:

• Members

that is the one I am still wearing, the scottsdale black ones....good thick cotton shirts too!!!:p

• Members

THanks Roger. The shirst went out with the trash, I should have taken a pic though!

I'll PM shortly. Thanks. :)

Archived