Genz Benz

facedown704

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

u, yeah! what would make you think it wasn't? ask Hasbeen if he thinks GB is legit.....

They make some killer gear, if you are considering making a GB purchase I'm sure you won't find anyone who'll say you shouldn't here.

• Moderators

Genz Benz is quality stuff, and the guys there are some of the most helpful people anywhere. Hasbeen and agedhorse are very quick to respond to an inquiry/issue on this board. I also know a person who doesn't frequent this board that had a concern addressed very quickly, too. GB are good folks!

• Members

well hell yeah haha.. im looking for an amp that i can krank the {censored} out and not have to worry about blowing anyhting.. would u guys say that genz benz is one of the tougher brands?

They should be. They're 2 ohm stable, aren't they?

And from what I've heard they have the best customer service in the business.

• Members

I'm the only person who's managed to kill one that I know of, and that involved a Kia Rio and a Semi truck!

So technically YOU didn't killit, the semi did! :D

I love my Genz Benz amp. Tonally versatile, oodles of power and built like a tank. :thu:

• Members

I love my Genz Benz amp. Tonally versatile, oodles of power and built like a tank.
:thu:

+1

Between my GBE600 and my GB NeoX 212 cab, I can mimic every tonal style from GK sterile, to Ampeg Growl, to Mesa Punch, or any combination of the above.

What model/price range are you looking at?

• Members

I don't have any of their bass gear, but my Black Pearl 30 guitar combo is outstanding in every way and I've never been this happy with any guitar amp I've owned.

Not to de-rail the topic, but what settings do you run your BP with? I've only messed with ours in the shop a couple of times, so I'm still testing its capabilities.

The Pentode/triode swtich and the 2 tubes/4 tubes switch are the two that seem to make the most difference. Whats your preference?

• Members

Not to de-rail the topic, but what settings do you run your BP with? I've only messed with ours in the shop a couple of times, so I'm still testing its capabilities.

The Pentode/triode swtich and the 2 tubes/4 tubes switch are the two that seem to make the most difference. Whats your preference?

I change the voicing depending on what guitar I'm using. Usually I EQ to the room, set the top boost to about 1 o'clock, dial in reverb to taste. You have a TON of gain on tap if you run the boost at max and set the channel input to match the guitar you're using.

It really like to be run at 15 or 30 Watt triode, but I get cool results running at 8 Watts as well (the "keep Teleken from being evicted" setting.) A Fulldrive 2 pairs beautifully with this amp.

• Members

I change the voicing depending on what guitar I'm using. Usually I EQ to the room, set the top boost to about 1 o'clock, dial in reverb to taste. You have a TON of gain on tap if you run the boost at max and set the channel input to match the guitar you're using.

It really like to be run at 15 or 30 Watt triode, but I get cool results running at 8 Watts as well (the "keep Teleken from being evicted" setting.) A Fulldrive 2 pairs beautifully with this amp.

We have all kinds of Fulltone at the shop. I only tried it with the OCD, but I'll try out a Fulldrive 2 tomorrow when i'm in there.

thanks bud.

• Members

We have all kinds of Fulltone at the shop. I only tried it with the OCD, but I'll try out a Fulldrive 2 tomorrow when i'm in there.

thanks bud.

De nada. :) I've played and owned everything under the sun, and I have yet to play better - at $1K, it's a no-brainer.

• Members

De nada.
:)
I've played and owned everything under the sun, and I have yet to play better - at $1K, it's a no-brainer.

I dunno, I've been pretty smitten with our El Diablo 100 and G-Flex 212. For $1k, I would prob snag a Diablo 60 combo...

Not like it matters much to GB, they're happy either way! :D

• Members

I dunno, I've been pretty smitten with our El Diablo 100 and G-Flex 212. For $1k, I would prob snag a Diablo 60 combo...

Not like it matters much to GB, they're happy either way!
:D

Oh I understand - I was originally shopping for a 10W or so boutique combo, and then I saw the Genz would go down to 8 and it was a no-brainer. 30W for me is plenty of headroom and I have one amp now that'll do both.

Archived