Friday the 13th Movie Thread

RSBro

• Members

Offshoot of the other movie thread, since it's Friday the 13th and all. :)

Fave horror/slasher/scary films-

It

The Exorcist

The Grudge (in theaters with lots of girls and a packed house, it was pretty jumpy the first time honestly, but I get into movies easily)

I don't know too many. :)

• Members

My Kinda thread!!!!

Nightmare on Elm Street (The original.... All the sequels suck moose balls!)

Hellraiser (What I said above..... same applies)

Technically not a horror movie, but Pitch Black was good.

In the Mouth of Madness (The last good movie John Carpenter made)

The Thing (The Best Movie John Carpenter made)

The Serpent and the Rainbow

• Members

The Serpent and the Rainbow

+1!!!:thu:

Poltergeist

The Omen (original) and Damien: The Omen II

Jaws

Pet Cemetery

Creepshow

Firestarter

The Dead Zone

I'm starting to notice a trend here, so I'll just say pretty much every Stephen King adaptation. :)

• Members

+1!!!
:thu:

Poltergeist

The Omen (original) and Damien: The Omen II

Jaws

Pet Cemetery

Creepshow

Firestarter

The Dead Zone

I'm starting to notice a trend here, so I'll just say pretty much every Stephen King adaptation.
:)

Except Christine.

:p

• Members

"He wants you too Bassgeek"

It's all subjective. Children of the corn did it for me. Seeing it for the 1st time as a young lad, and again at college with a head full of boomers. They trucked us all out into one of the cornfields in hay wagons and made a clearing, playing it on an old projector.

• Members

Wow! Nice to see people appreciate good horror films... although I felt the Hitcher was a little disappointing. John Ryder started off really scary when we first got in the car, and then less and less. But hey I'm desensitized now, and don't care to watch the remake.

Side note : we watched Lost Boys last night, and Monster Squad is coming out on DVD next week.

Technically not horror films, but classics all the same.

Surprised no one called Last House on the Left.

• Members

Wow! Nice to see people appreciate good horror films....

pffft....not one of these Siskel-wannabes even mentioned the two greatest horror films of all time

1958 - The Blob

6371-0001.jpg

and 1932 - White Zombie starring Bela Lugosi as Haitian white zombie master, Murder Legendre

whtie-zombie.jpg

• Members

pffft....not one of these Siskel-wannabes even mentioned the two greatest horror films of all time

1958 - The Blob

6371-0001.jpg

and 1932 - White Zombie starring Bela Lugosi as Haitian white zombie master, Murder Legendre

whtie-zombie.jpg

Well better then my new room-mate who I had to explain that Hills Have Eyes was a remake. I had to go into my room and get the original and show it to her to make her believe me.

• Members

Children of the Corn sucked!!!, As Did Maximum Overdrive and Cujo.

I never saw Christine, and I forgot about Maximum Overdrive, but you're right in that it sucked, but when I was a kid Cujo scared the crap out of me! I stayed away from my dog for a week after seeing that movie!!!:eek::cry::eek:

• Members

All horror / slasher movie fans should check out "Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon"! (IMDB Link)

It's a somewhat low budget movie that I saw at the Fantasy Film Fest last year. It never saw a big commercial theatrical release, but it's now available on DVD! (I just ordered mine yesterday!)

It's basically a Rob Reiner "mockumentary" style behind-the-scenes approach to the slasher genre. This student film team is following Leslie Vernon around with their cameras as he is preparing to be the next Freddy or Jason type serial killer. It's hilarious and pokes loads of good fun at the entire genre - many good laughs especially for fans of slasher movies! And it actually gets somewhat creepy and intense in the end, too, with a clever twist. Great acting too, Robert Englung has a part in it as well!

• Members

Did anyone go to Horrorfest 8 movies to Die for? I know those are all one DVD now. I saw the ABandoned and Gravedancers. Both were pretty solid. Except the end of Gravedancers has a bad ending do to a huge CGI ending. Think the end of House on Haunted Hill (the remake) times ten. That kind of bad CGI.

Abandoned was really creepy.

Archived