Finished Project bass

ThrashmetalErik

• Members

I put together my project bass today, I didn't make the neck but the next one i build I will, I designed and made the body. It has no finish yet and it isn't finish sanded but it plays great. I wired it up enough so that i can pop most everything out without having to re solder. Im also thinking of putting another PU by the neck to balance out the sound and or putting a switch in instead of a volume knob. Heres some pics sorry im not as good a photographer as some of you.

The neck will match these

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

• Members

Nice. But is surprised you didnt also route for a neck pup. Can give much more variety with one via either seperate vol's or a blend knob.

I intend to someday, i was kinda strapped for cash and when i got paid i bought the neck from a local luthier who does good work, im not sure which EMG would be good in the neck.

Forgive my ignorance but "neck dive"?

• Members

I think it looks incredible! Like it should fly. The Harry Potter bass. Anyways, yeah, I like it...

Neck dive: when a bass doesn't balance well on a strap, but instead, the headstock seems too heavy and always seems to be headed for the floor, and you feel like you need a third arm just to support the neck so the left hand can actually play it, that's neck dive.

• Members

Thanks guys,

I think it looks incredible! Like it should fly. The Harry Potter bass. Anyways, yeah, I like it...

Neck dive: when a bass doesn't balance well on a strap, but instead, the headstock seems too heavy and always seems to be headed for the floor, and you feel like you need a third arm just to support the neck so the left hand can actually play it, that's neck dive.

Its actually pretty well balanced considering what it is, the neck is a slightly longer scale than normal necks but i think its because the body is pretty heavy, im pretty sure if i placed the strap locks right it would balance just fine, like find a center of gravity.

• Members

I intend to someday, i was kinda strapped for cash and when i got paid i bought the neck from a local luthier who does good work, im not sure which EMG would be good in the neck.

Forgive my ignorance but "neck dive"?

well done :thu:

...is that an EMG 35HZ?

..if so, how's that sound? I'm planning to replace my mid J p/up with one ....so I like to hear about them. Good?

• Members

well done
:thu:

...is that an EMG 35HZ?

..if so, how's that sound? I'm planning to replace my mid J p/up with one ....so I like to hear about them. Good?

It is not the HZ, its the 35DC which is active. Personally i wasn't very impressed with the 35HZ (or any other HZ for that matter) But i would suggest trying one out before you buy, check all the stores you have in your area. I'd suggest The DC if you wanted an all active bass but since your might not i'd go with some Seymour Duncan basslines before i got the HZ.

Im still getting used to active PUs but i know its for the better, i still hate all actives for guitar but I like them better now for bass then passives

Your mid J PU? as in between two other PUs?

Archived