Played a Warwick Streamer Stage I 5 string today.

willbill0587

• Members

I hate to say the old clique, but it's really a matter of preference. The upcharge is partly due to the fact that (generally) it's more costly to build a quality neckthru instrument than a comparable bolt-on. Whether it's worth the extra cost is entirely up to you.

Bottom line: get what you want. If you really want the NT version, save for it and don't settle for anything less.

• Members

im not so sure about that

Yes he did, the very early steamer stage 1's (1082-1983) had 'designed by neil steinberger' on the control place.

He did design the shape for both Warwick and Spector and sold liscences to both companies, thought here are subtle differences now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Spectors and Warwicks produce different sounds. Warwick's exotic woods make a different, defiant 'growl' tone that you just dont get with Spector, although Spector is a very exquisite bass too. Might look the same, but totally different basses. Go with the Warwick, for sure, cant go wrong.

-edit; German engineering is second to none-

• Members

Spectors and Warwicks produce different sounds. Warwick's exotic woods make a different, defiant 'growl' tone that you just dont get with Spector, although Spector is a very exquisite bass too. Might look the same, but totally different basses. Go with the Warwick, for sure, cant go wrong.

-edit; German engineering is second to none-

An thats coming from the bassist for Mudvayne! :lol:

• Members

You, sir, shall meet me in Guitar center. Bring a Pistol. We Duel at dawm!!!!

:mad:

Word.

Wacks are nice and all, but don't hold a candle to Spectors. I'd say a Euro LX would take a Streamer II down easy, and that's not even a USA neck-through model!

Archived