I know you dont like behringer, but....

wilki29

• Members

I just figured you cant go wrong with a 30 dollar piece of gear. Ive heard good things about it, and I decided to try it out. I didnt get to play it last night, but I will crank it up when I get off work today.

• Members

I have had one for a little over a year. We rehearse with head phones at my guitards house, so I use it last in line after my other pedals for final tone shaping and a slight boost. It sounds good, but can be muddy at high drive/bass settings. But hey, its $30. If it dies, i can get another one with left over lunch money :)

• Members

My BX300 is 2 years old and still wailing!! It's my all-time favorite practice amp. My B4500H head (450w @ 4ohms) sounds great thru my GK cab and I plan on A-B'ing against a Markbass once I get my new cabs! What if the Behringer sounds better through a pair of Dr. Bass cabs than the Markbass?

• Members

I have had one for a couple years as well. I use it at practice and at a regular Thursday night gig in order to avoid bringing anything with me (I leave it in the gig bag of the bass I leave there)

works fine really. It was decent enough that I bought a real Sans Amp for regular use and to bring to Friday and Saturday gigs.

• Members

Play with it for a while, enjoy it even, then go and try an MXR M-80 Bass DI+ :)

Behringer is ok, I have a tuner and a preamp booster for sharp drive and pushing tubes. Both are fine, even though the tuner doesn't like E, D or low C... or A sometimes. That's what harmonics are for.

The MXR has a warmer thicker distortion from my experience with the Behringer, but that's not necessarily your thing.

Behringer = $100 Hooker

MXR = Two $100 Hookers for only $50 extra

Archived