Bob Novak on Plame....

chris-dax

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I blame Bush for it.

Of course he caused it. He causes everything!

- sarcasm off -

What I don't under stand is how Bush is believed to be one of the stupidest men alive, but then he's accused of having all these secret plots and ideas.

It's one or the other people.

• Moderators
What I don't under stand is how Bush is believed to be one of the stupidest men alive, but then he's accused of having all these secret plots and ideas.

That's easy. Cheney is the real President. George is just the eye candy that got elected.

• Members

Cheney is the man and Bush is a puppet. Bush is not the President, Cheney and the powers behind him are telling him how high to jump and when.

I think we have common ground!

:D

• Members

I don't recall anyone ever accusing Bush of plotting. The Administration yes, but Bush the man, no. He doesn't have the intellect to plot.

• Members

RN: Because there was no crime committed under the Intelligence Agents Identity Act. That bill was passed, Hugh, to protect intelligence agents overseas from being outed by left wing forces, and then marked for assassination. It was really a deadly serious act, nothing like somebody sitting in Langley in the CIA headquarters as Mrs. Wilson was, doing analysis. There was no crime committed under that act, and therefore, he was not charged. And so that is the whole problem with the Libby indictment. He was charged for obstructing justice when there was no underlying crime committed, or allegedly committed.

The intent of that act, or any act, is irrelevant. The wording of the law is the the thing that is relevant, and it makes no such distinction. Novak has no more authority to interpret the law than any other citizen.

A felony was committed, and essentially admitted to. I'm disgusted that it hasn't been properly prosecuted. Then again, Bush himself has essentially confessed to other felonies (such as violating FISA) and those have gone unprosecuted as well, so I guess it's par for the course.

When was the last time a sitting president confessed to a felony during comission of his official duties and got away with it?

• Moderators
Of course the fact that Fitzgerald would have to have charged Wilson for outing his wife previous to all this put the cabash on the whole thing.

That's a great point that flies over many heads, lug. How can someone be outed, when they've already been outed? Wait. We need to waste taxpayer money, and congress' time on all this stuff. There is a lot of government waste between Clinton investigations and Bush investigations. It's beyond stupid silly.

• Members

Of course the fact that Fitzgerald would have to have charged Wilson for outing his wife previous to all this put the cabash on the whole thing.

That isn't true.

Outing an agent is a difficult charge to get a conviction for.

D.A.'s commonly charge things they can get convictions for even though they have more charges they can level against a defendant.

Look at someone they charge iwth conspiracies, they are way easier to get convictions for than the the actual crimes.

• Members

Perjury is perjury... obstruction of justice is, well, you know...

Yeah, that guy actually WAS charged, prosecuted, convicted, commuted, on probation, and owes a {censored}eton of money. The article was asking about Armitage.

• Members

Yeah, that guy actually WAS charged, prosecuted, convicted, commuted, on probation, and owes a {censored}eton of money. The article was asking about Armitage.

Money which was paid by his friends already.

Armitage should be sharing a cell with Libby.

How did Wilson out his wife again? "Marriage" doesn't count as an answer.

• Members

That's a great point that flies over many heads, lug. How can someone be outed, when they've already been outed? Wait. We need to waste taxpayer money, and congress' time on all this stuff. There is a lot of government waste between Clinton investigations and Bush investigations. It's beyond stupid silly.

We needed more info on the blowjob! And the cigars...were they CUBAN???:eek:

• Moderators

Never mind that the judge said there was a crime, the CIA said there was a crime, the prosecutor said there was a crime.

The right-wing talking tools said there wasn't so there wasn't.

The CIA is neither a judge, nor a jury, thankfully. That's what the special prosecutor was hired to do. Further, here's an article from USA Today (hardly a right wing publication) that has direct quotes from 2 attorneys who actually contributed to writing the law.

Here's the full article

. . . ."Unless she was really stationed abroad sometime after their marriage," she wasn't a covert agent protected by the law, says Bruce Sanford, an attorney who helped write the 1982 act that protects covert agents' identities.

. . . . .Though that key law may not have been broken in leaking the name, Fitzgerald must still be pursuing evidence of some type of wrongdoing, said Victoria Toensing, another of the attorneys who helped draft the 1982 act. Like Sanford, she doubts Valerie Wilson, as she now refers to herself, qualified as a "covert agent" under that law. She and Sanford also doubt Fitzgerald has enough evidence to prosecute anyone under the Espionage Act. That law makes it a crime to divulge "information relating to the national defense" that "the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury" of the nation.

But, Toensing said, "reading between the lines, I'd say he's got a 'Martha Stewart case' " involving perjury or obstruction of justice. In other words, though a crime may not have been committed at the start, one may have occurred during the investigation when someone lied to Fitzgerald or to a federal grand jury.

. . . . .

• Members

.... . . ."Unless she was really stationed abroad sometime after their marriage," she wasn't a covert agent protected by the law, says Bruce Sanford, an attorney who helped write the 1982 act that protects covert agents' identities.

Except if you read the actual act, it doesn't stipulate that anywhere at all. "Serving" (the actual language of the act) and being "stationed" (not mentioned) are two different things. Troops "serve" in the military whether they're "stationed" State-side or elsewhere.

I do feel that there are several updates required for the act (mainly due to the nature of modern electronic communication), but Novak, Libby, Armitage et al. acted stupidly, and possibly criminally.

• Moderators
Except if you read the actual act, it doesn't stipulate that anywhere at all. "Serving" (the actual language of the act) and being "stationed" (not mentioned) are two different things.

I'll accept the word of the people who wrote the law. They were quoted in the article. ;)

Archived