custom bass

wilki29

• Members

I wanted to get a custom bass possibly from warmoth. I wanted it to look similar to the jaguar bass, but a bit different. I could either get the parts and do it myself, or I could get it custom done. Any suggestions?

• Members

How experienced are you in building basses from parts? How about setup work? Fret leveling? The difference between a good bass and a great bass will lie in those small details.

No experience, this is why id want to make my own bass. Id use lower end parts of course, just in case I messed something up

• Moderators

No experience, this is why id want to make my own bass. Id use lower end parts of course, just in case I messed something up

Start by buying an absolute beater bass and disassembling every part on it. Then rebuild it. Then do some mods. In the end, you might have a nice bass, you will have experience, you will know whether you want to do it again with nicer parts.

• Moderators

There is no doubt you can do it. As long as you are doing it for the experience and not for getting the best bass you can get, you should do it yourself. Besides, if you mess it up, almost anything can be taken care of by an experienced tech or luthier.

Archived