Relationship Problems? Help...

guitargod0dmw

• Members
Down the line, when this is in your past, give that friend of hers hell for that. That is seriously {censored}ed up advice to be giving her. Does this friend not like you?

Maybe she didn't mean it like that-I might say the same thing, in a jokingly way, implying her to take advantage of the situation, by milking it for all it's worth.

;)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, seriously now...

Just sit her down and explain to her that you've thought about it. Don't say you "weren't in control cause I was dreaming" thing, cause she probably won't buy it. What you should do is sympathize with her. Tell her, all day long you've put yourself in her shoes and have tried thinking of how you'd feel if the tables were turned. Make it painfully clear that she has every right to feel hurt and upset, but in the end, she's the only girl for you and forever will be.

Call me Dr. Phill, btw.

• Moderators

Could be worse.You could have said that while having wild hot animalistic sex!!

From the best baseball movie of all time . . . . . .

"Annie Savoy: Listen, sweetheart, you shouldn't listen to what a woman says when she's in the throes of passion. They say the darndest things.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Yeah, you said "Crash"!

Annie Savoy: Honey, would you rather I were making love to him using your name, or making love to you using his name? "

• Members

She sounds like a spazz. Don't listen to the {censored} whipped morons telling you that you {censored}ed up, you didn't do anything wrong.

Stop calling her, give her time to cool off. She'll come back when she's ready. if it takes more then two weeks give her a ring. Don't apologize, its just a slip and its not your fault an it doesn't mean anything. You know where your heart is. Make sure she knows that. When she comes back tell her you won't tolerate her walking out on you anymore. She should apologize.

You were with jess longer then you've been with this spaz girl? That would make sense, its just a brain fart, your more used to saying Jess.

If Spazzy can't deal with it guess what, there are more women in the world. yea a divorce would suck but better you know this women is crazy now and get rid of her before you get in deeper. But that's unlikely. She'll probably just come to her senses.

You'll be fine. The world keeps turning.

• Members

Yes...I was with Jess longer, but that's not an excuse to me. I do know where my heart is, and it's all for Heather. She can be a little bit of a spazz I guess, but whatever. So can I...

I bought her 3 dozen roses of various colors this morning. Red, Pink, and a sort of orange color. She smiled and then turned on the mad face again. Everything will be ok, but it still sucks getting there.

• Members

One time I dreamed that I was building a hang glider with Paul Harvey. Does that mean that I really want to build a hang glider with Paul Harvey, or that I might actually do it some day? No. Dreams are wierd. You shouldn't be penalized for what happens in your dreams - you have no control over them.

I'm sure that she's done plenty of things in her dreams that you wouldn't be too happy about - like, I dunno, made valentines for the defensive line of the Oakland Raiders. But it's nothing for you to get bent out of shape about.

That's the reasonable, rational way to look at it. But we all know (sorry Mrs. Svi) that women aren't especially reasonable and rational - especially when they get on a crazy streak. So yeah, it's not "right" but you'll have to apologize profusely, and try to make it up to her.

• Members

That's the reasonable, rational way to look at it. But we all know (sorry Mrs. Svi) that women aren't especially reasonable and rational - especially when they get on a crazy streak. So yeah, it's not "right" but you'll have to apologize profusely, and try to make it up to her.

I told her she was being unreasonable last night. I'm 75% being nice about it and trying to kiss her ass, but that other 25% keeps saying this is a stupid thing to be this pissed about.

An ex once called me her ex-bf's name. I was a little hurt at first, but I got over it in a few minutes. I understand that everyone is different, and woman have different feelings than guys...but come on!

At least she's talking to me again, but she already told me that she doesn't want me in the same bed as her tonight. Sucks. Her mind might change by the end of the day, but for now I can only assume that it won't.

• Members

Um, I say UFIA :thu:

Seriously, fight back on this one. If you're in the dog house for something you had no control over, what will happen when you really screw up? If it leads to one HUGE knock down drag out, it may be better than 10-15 minor skirmishes that never get resolved but lead to a lifetimes worth of bitterness and resentment. Man up, tell her to STFU, and give it both barrels. She won;t like it, but it will also show you can't be pushed around just cuz she has the {censored}. Once she knows that, you're done, driving a mini van and wondering where your friends went. Respect in a relationship is a two way street, and if she doesn;t respect you enough to deal with you rationally, it'll cause trouble later. IMO, anyway.

Mind you, I've only been married 2 years, but making sure my wife knows where my limits are, and that she is the center of my world, but not the only thing in my life, has kept this kind of crap to a minimum. Women can be just as rational as men, and can fight fair, they often just choose not to because its easier. Again, IMO. Good luck!!

• Members

One time I dreamed that I was building a hang glider with Paul Harvey. Does that mean that I really want to build a hang glider with Paul Harvey, or that I might actually do it some day? No. Dreams are wierd. You shouldn't be penalized for what happens in your dreams - you have no control over them.

I think if you were to build a hang glider with Paul Harvey you'd end up doing most of the work.

Good Day?

• Members

Should've told her you were dreaming about chess. You love chess. You can't get enough - you were calling to a potential opponent from across the room. Saying "come here for some chess!"

DAMNIT! I was trying to think of something after the fact that would have worked, this might have been it.

She never would have bought it, but it would have been worth a shot.

• Members

I think if you were to build a hang glider with Paul Harvey you'd end up doing most of the work.

Good Day?

Funny thing is, I have no idea what Paul Harvey looks like, but I was building a hang glider with a dude who had the voice of Paul Harvey, so um.....yeeeaahhhhhh....

• Members

It sounds to me you've been pretty contrite over something you had no control over. Give her a couple of days to come around. As for "paying for this" in the future and if it was me who was expected to do the paying, {censored} that. I don't carry baggage and expect my SO to do the same. I can tolerate silly behaviour very well to a point.

• Members

Dude, follow your heart and take the path on this that you feel is the right one. Things will work out no matter what the out come. Make her understand it was your sub-concious mind talking and you have no feelings left for Jess. Tell her you love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her. She may need some time. If you end up dealing wth this for months she may become someone you won't want to spend your life with. Try and get it straight in her head as soon as she agrees to sit down calmly and talk. Just be nice and show no guilt for what you said but tell her how guilty you feel for hurting her. Do what you feel is the right thing from there. Good luck Bro.

Archived