(Linux) Beryl screenshots. Big pix!

allan grossman

• Members

Any Linux geeks in here today that can help me with this?

Pretty please?
:)

Oh, sorry. I haven't gotten used to the influx of linux users that don't know what they're doing. I'm glad people are using it, mind you; just odd. XMMS looks in a few places for skins when it gives you the list of choices. One is in that directory that you don't have easy access to, the other is in ~/.xmms/Skins

~ refers to your home directory. If you use it as the beginning of a file path, your shell interprets it to mean your home directory, and acts accordingly. If your username was bill, it would be the equivalent of something like /home/bill/.xmms/Skins (which may or may not be exactly correct. It's also getting to have been a while since I used ubuntu, and those are the kinds of slight differences between linux distros and FreeBSD, which I've gotten much more used to) ... So, if you type:

cd ~

you go home. So, you can place your skins in the 'Skins' directory, inside the '.xmms' directory, inside your home. Directories that start with a dot like that often don't show up in a file manager until you tell it you want to see them though, so it may be easier to do from a command line (as a lot of things are in the *nix world).

So assuming you've got your skin sitting on your desktop, something like this would probably do the trick:

cp ~/Desktop/skin-file-that-you-want ~/.xmms/Skins

Make sense?

• Members

Don't they only sell Opel's in Europe?

As far as I know, although they are sold as Holden in AUS. They're rebadged in different places around the world. Like in Mainland Europe and here in Ireland its Opel, but in the UK its Vauxhall. Same car just different badges.

My Dad has an Opel Vectra, and I'm thinking of buying an Astra as my first car. :)

Archived