OT: Ender's Game announced

snd4c

• Moderators

Ender's War was the initial title, IIRC, but it won the Hugo and Nebula awards as Ender"s Game. The short story was the initial writings, Card's musings on how to train soldiers in the future. It got such a huge response, he expanded it into EG. Then, he wrote several books focusing on Ender Post-bugger war (the speaker for the dead trilogy) and has since published 6-7 more books based on Bean, Petra, and Peter post-bugger war on Earth as peter becomes hegemon. Coloquialy, we call it the Enderverse
:)

Nope. The original title was Ender's Game, though it seems it was published in Analog, not Asimov's.

Orson Scott Card first wrote Ender's Game as a short story in 1975. He submitted the work to a leading science fiction magazine, Analog, hoping to make some money to help pay his school debts. Not only did Analog publish the story, the 1977 World Science Fiction Convention nominated it for a Hugo Award and gave Card the John W. Campbell Award for best new writer. In 1985, the author developed Ender's Game into a novel, and it became the work which established his reputation as one of science fiction's most prominent new writers. This longer version swept both the Hugo and Nebula Awards, the most prestigious accolades given to science fiction and fantasy works.

http://www.answers.com/topic/ender-s-game-1#Notes_on_Novels

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

theres a link for y'all

apparently its directed by the same guy who did a perfect storm and posideon and Troy. Thats a shame, where the hell is kubrik when you need him. It seems like its gonna be all action no psychology.

That's a shame. That's what made the books was all the psychological struggles.

You know what though? I was thinking about this earlier today, but the Shadow series with Bean would make a MUCH better movie, then maybe they could revisit Game as a prequel. With Shadow's, there was a lot of adult action, romance, and white/black antagonists... But there would also be more easily translated as far as the psychological suspense goes.

It would basically be like a Tom Clancy movie.

• Members

The man is a bigot, racist and homophobe. His role in life is to show everyone that you don't have to be good to be famous, and vice versa.

I don't care about famous people personally for this exact reason.

I like good movies, good music, and good books. If I researched everything I was exposed to, chances are I would have a problem with the majority of it.

Archived