OT: Ender's Game announced

snd4c

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am saddened to hear my favorite Sci-Fi novel will be brought to the big screen. This is not a book that can carry well without an R-rating, and there is no way studios would make a version kids couldn't go to.

This is quite comical.

• Members

This is a song I wrote about two chimpmunks in love...that dance...really fast.

It may get a bit emotional for you, have a tissue handy.

Why, oh, why did I click on that? What have I done? I previously had gone almost 6 years before hearing one of Lugs mp3s. I have unleashed the demons of Suck into my quiet little world of innocence to wreak havoc on my bleeding ears which will never be able to return to the wonderful blissness of ignorance.

We must all band together as one to fight and defeat the forces of Suck. Well, we can never defeat such a strong foe, but we can't give up without a fight!!!

• Members

Ok i love this book and also Speaker and Enders Shadow, got to get around to reading the others as Xenoside is hard to get through. But I hope they dont turn it into another Batle Royal where it looks cool but no psychological justice is severed. I always considered turing these into movies but it would have to be animated i agree with you there, but i was thinking a kind of Reinissance or Final Fantasy, hopefully not a waking life a scanner darkly kind of cell shading (kinda gets old and makes on want to vomit)

Umm, I'm a bit of an authority on the subject...
:D

I'm torn whenever I hear about Uncle Orson getting this project underway again. The issue is the incredibly young age of the children, and the adultness of much of what they have to go through. The shower scene is a great example, but what about just the stilson fight at the start of the book? One thing that could work would be an "adult" oriented animated version, somewhere between 300, Sin City, and Shrek (ha), but with a Whedon-esque/Firefly-ish panache. In anycase, its going to leave out a lot of what we love about the book, probably the ender/peter/valentine relationship in its entirety, and alot of the Mazer Rackham stuff. We'll get some cool Battle School sequences, but no Command school loneliness to add depth, and then the payoff of seeing the jeesh together.... Yeah, there's a lot of stuff. But if any book will truly push the limits of what a movie maker can do, it will be Ender's Game. Zero G munchkins, star ship battles, Buggers, there's a lot of "hard" sci-fi to chew on, plus the compelling human story. I'd almost (almost) rather see a high budget Sci Fi channel miniseries, a la Dune, or Earthsea (even though that was a travesty).

Ok, drooling fanboy has to get back to work now
:)

My cousin worked on Dune and even though there is a blood relationship there, it doesnt mean it was easy to sit through... as a matter of fact i still have never sat through that whole movie.

• Members

Dune is my all time favorite series. I can sit through the movies just because I loved the books so much.

Currently reading the worthing saga by orson as well its great so far not as action packed as enders but the story is really great and he's an awsome writer.

• Moderators

I must be getting old.

I remember reading Ender's Game in Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, but it wasn't a novel. I also recall the same story being fleshed out into a novel and published as Ender's War. Now I see Game referred to as Card's best-known novel.

I'm confused.

• Members

Love that flange.

:thu:

Congrats lug thats the first time ive felt physical pain from listening to music since Kurt Cobain died.

My talent runs more along the route of his wife rather than him.

• Members

I must be getting old.

I remember reading Ender's Game in Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, but it wasn't a novel. I also recall the same story being fleshed out into a novel and published as Ender's War. Now I see Game referred to as Card's best-known novel.

I'm confused.

Ender's War was the initial title, IIRC, but it won the Hugo and Nebula awards as Ender"s Game. The short story was the initial writings, Card's musings on how to train soldiers in the future. It got such a huge response, he expanded it into EG. Then, he wrote several books focusing on Ender Post-bugger war (the speaker for the dead trilogy) and has since published 6-7 more books based on Bean, Petra, and Peter post-bugger war on Earth as peter becomes hegemon. Coloquialy, we call it the Enderverse :)

• Members

I'm just sick of assholes who hate "harry potter" waaaa.. trying to ruin the ending.

If you don't like it you're in luck, it's the last book. That's it. No more for you to have "deal with" you bunch of emo nutsacks.

FFS, get over it.

Archived