OT: Ender's Game announced

snd4c

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally they're making a movie out of it, enough with Harry Potter bull{censored} here's a book worth reading!

Kind of old news, good going.

:eek:

I'm automatically on the defensive cause I like HP :p

But you know as well as I do that an Ender film will be complete and utter crap.

• Members

Kind of old news, good going.

:eek:

I'm automatically on the defensive cause I like HP
:p

But you know as well as I do that an Ender film will be complete and utter crap.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I know but I just re-read the book and got excitied.

btw Ron kills Harry happy reading :thu:

• Members

There's been news of an enders game movie for years...

It is my absolute favorite book of all time, I am going to be destroyed when the bomb of a movie comes out
:(

I though the same thing about LOTR. Was suprised and pleased. It could happen again.

• Members

Umm, I'm a bit of an authority on the subject... :D

I'm torn whenever I hear about Uncle Orson getting this project underway again. The issue is the incredibly young age of the children, and the adultness of much of what they have to go through. The shower scene is a great example, but what about just the stilson fight at the start of the book? One thing that could work would be an "adult" oriented animated version, somewhere between 300, Sin City, and Shrek (ha), but with a Whedon-esque/Firefly-ish panache. In anycase, its going to leave out a lot of what we love about the book, probably the ender/peter/valentine relationship in its entirety, and alot of the Mazer Rackham stuff. We'll get some cool Battle School sequences, but no Command school loneliness to add depth, and then the payoff of seeing the jeesh together.... Yeah, there's a lot of stuff. But if any book will truly push the limits of what a movie maker can do, it will be Ender's Game. Zero G munchkins, star ship battles, Buggers, there's a lot of "hard" sci-fi to chew on, plus the compelling human story. I'd almost (almost) rather see a high budget Sci Fi channel miniseries, a la Dune, or Earthsea (even though that was a travesty).

Ok, drooling fanboy has to get back to work now :)

• Members

It's the Mythical Lug, I've read about...

Why does everyone say you suck?

During my younger years as a wannabe bass player, I traveled far and wide. During these younger years of discovery, I have seen the effects my playing has had on multitudes of listeners. I have had patrons of establishments I have played at shove ice picks into their ears rather than to listen to my pluckings. I have seen musicians pluck out their own eyes rather than view my technique. I have seen scholars cut out their own tongues rather than to repeat in description the poorness of my playing. I've seen peasants slice off their own noses as to not smell the results of my unintentional brown notes. Through a lifetime of torturing others with my playing throughout this otherwise beautiful land, I have been lofted up on high and proclaimed King of all those who would Suck. Many challenges I have faced in my younger days. Fingerless people, armless people, earless people, corpses, yes and even trees falling alone, in the woods, but none have ever defeated me in pure atonality, breathlessness, grasp of nontheory, or poor execution, and none ever will. My subjects are loyal because each and every one at one time or another has been subjected to my playing and KNOW in their hearts that no one was, is, or every will worse than me.

• Members

During my younger years as a wannabe bass player, I traveled far and wide. During these younger years of discovery, I have seen the effects my playing has had on multitudes of listeners. I have had patrons of establishments I have played at shove ice picks into their ears rather than to listen to my pluckings. I have seen musicians pluck out their own eyes rather than view my technique. I have seen scholars cut out their own tongues rather than to repeat in description the poorness of my playing. I've seen peasants slice off their own noses as to not smell the results of my unintentional brown notes. Through a lifetime of torturing others with my playing throughout this otherwise beautiful land, I have been lofted up on high and proclaimed King of all those who would Suck. Many challenges I have faced in my younger days. Fingerless people, armless people, earless people, corpses, yes and even trees falling alone, in the woods, but none have ever defeated me in pure atonality, breathlessness, grasp of nontheory, or poor execution, and none ever will. My subjects are loyal because each and every one at one time or another has been subjected to my playing and KNOW in their hearts that no one was, is, or every will worse than me.

mp3s please.

• Members

They could do a great job with this if they made it a trilogy. The first movie should focus on his home life, family relationships, etc, and end with his selection for the school. They could make a 90-minute movie about that without any problem. Movie two (90 minutes again) should focus on his school life with some killer effects and strong story, with some very Full Metal Jacket parts, and end with his movement to the command school. Movie three (again, 90 minutes) should focus on the command school, Mazer Rackham, the psychological stress, and end in a manner very similar to the book (although I bet they end it with the final battle against the buggers and leave off the part about the Hegemon and the Speaker for the Dead).

Archived