Advice on my set up.

Deadite99

• Members

I,m trying to put together a basic pedal set up to get close to a Cliff Burton/Jason Newsted sound and so far this is what I've thought of.First I need to know if the Power Wah Volume is worth it,also will it give me the right wah sound and second where should the synth wah go in the chain.

bassfx.jpg

• Members

On the Binge and Purge DVD during his bass solo he does this cool little bit useing a synth but he seems to be controling it with his wah in some way.

And yes I thought of the Power wah boost first but price is an isue and I havent found a cheap one yet,I just wanted to know if the PWV has the same tone,range etc.

• Members

On the Binge and Purge DVD during his bass solo he does this cool little bit useing a synth but he seems to be controling it with his wah in some way.

And yes I thought of the Power wah boost first but price is an isue and I havent found a cheap one yet,I just wanted to know if the PWV has the same tone,range etc.

What's your price range? I may, erhm, know someone who is getting rid of theirs. ;)

Yo.

• Members

I,m trying to put together a basic pedal set up to get close to a Cliff Burton/Jason Newsted sound and so far this is what I've thought of.First I need to know if the Power Wah Volume is worth it,also will it give me the right wah sound and second where should the synth wah go in the chain.

bassfx.jpg

Replace with this JMO

try it once and you will be sold

239318.jpg

• Members

What's your price range? I may, erhm, know someone who is getting rid of theirs.
;)

Yo.

As of now Im just looking into the set up,I have a ton of other things going on at the moment(Bills,Two kids about to start kindergaten and second grade etc)but when Im ready the highest I could go is $100(Im also cheap).

• Members

Not my favorable sound, but if you place the Bug Muff before the wah, you'll get a much more nasal "Cliff Burton Esche" tone. Personally, I hate it, but some people love it.

Justin Chancellor from Tool puts a turbo rat in front of his wah (which has built in fuzz as well).

Archived