DAOTD: gun control edition

ec437

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been shot at or in the line of fire on three occasions, so you're wrong on that count. I don't have a gun and I don't ever want to need one, and the only thing that would make me need one would be if somebody was pointing one at me. Solution? Don't give some moron the opportunity to arm himself. I don't care about criminal's rights; I care about not getting shot or having one of my loved ones taken down as an innocent bystander. You all argue that crime would decrease if everybody was allowed to carry a gun.

----------------------------

If you've been 'shot at or in the line of fire on three occasions', and you STILL don't think that you should be carrying a means to protect yourself and more importantly, your loved ones, I'm not sure that doesn't qualify for a Darwin Award. You know those? Those are the honors bestowed on people that do things when they should have known better.

Here in my hometown over the 4th of July, there was an entire family that won a Darwin Award. They had a picnic at a lake, and then got hold of an 8-foot johnboat that was built to hold 2 adults. They stuck 4 adults and 5 children in the boat. Not a single lifejacket between all of them, and not a single one of them knew how to swim. Well, 2 of the kids drowned as the boat turned over 30 feet from the bank. All of the others would have drowned except that some bystanders jumped in and saved them. The police are pressing charges of multiple child endangerment against the adults. There should be a 'moron' charge to press against them also, for just being idiots.

All that to say that a man that has faced deadly force directed towards him 3 times should take a broader look at his environment and decide whether or not he has closed his mind to an area that needs to be explored.

There are seriously depraved individuals out there that are looking for their next target...right now...as you are reading this. Somewhere out there a predator is sizing up his next victim right this instant. I hope it's not one of you or one of your loved ones.

I chose to make sure that I don't go 'gently into that good night' if someone chooses to make me their victim. I will fight back and shoot the bastard. If you want to go out like a lamb, on your knees, and leave yours and your loved ones fate to the whim of a madman, that's your business.

And I actually DO like you, based on your posts I've read in the past.

We just disagree on this point.

• Members

Bonoman forgot to mention that the murder rate in Canada is proportional to the population, eh? Only they use knives and clubs instead. Statistics are alway manipulated to serve the one spouting them off. For example, the overhelming murders in America were gang related. Now, you don't mind if these idiots kill each other off do you? The murder rate in the USA is down to a rate of twenty years ago. The only problem with gun control laws is it only applies to law abiding citizens.

• Members
----------------------------

If you've been 'shot at or in the line of fire on three occasions', and you STILL don't think that you should be carrying a means to protect yourself and more importantly, your loved ones, I'm not sure that doesn't qualify for a Darwin Award. You know those? Those are the honors bestowed on people that do things when they should have known better.

Here in my hometown over the 4th of July, there was an entire family that won a Darwin Award. They had a picnic at a lake, and then got hold of an 8-foot johnboat that was built to hold 2 adults. They stuck 4 adults and 5 children in the boat. Not a single lifejacket between all of them, and not a single one of them knew how to swim. Well, 2 of the kids drowned as the boat turned over 30 feet from the bank. All of the others would have drowned except that some bystanders jumped in and saved them. The police are pressing charges of multiple child endangerment against the adults. There should be a 'moron' charge to press against them also, for just being idiots.

All that to say that a man that has faced deadly force directed towards him 3 times should take a broader look at his environment and decide whether or not he has closed his mind to an area that needs to be explored.

There are seriously depraved individuals out there that are looking for their next target...right now...as you are reading this. Somewhere out there a predator is sizing up his next victim right this instant. I hope it's not one of you or one of your loved ones.

I chose to make sure that I don't go 'gently into that good night' if someone chooses to make me their victim. I will fight back and shoot the bastard. If you want to go out like a lamb, on your knees, and leave yours and your loved ones fate to the whim of a madman, that's your business.

And I actually DO like you, based on your posts I've read in the past.

We just disagree on this point.

I guess I should have mentioned that none of those three occasions where I was threatened personally by gun violence were in Canada. One was while I was living in Florida, and two were while I was in Israel. While living in Israel our fields were also attacked by rockets every day, but I still don't see myself buying a bazooka. {censored}, I wouldn't even know how to fire a bazooka!:p

As for guns, I simply think that there's a better way to control them through the legal system. I don't like them, and I don't think I could ever kill anyone. You're right, if it came down to it and my family were threatened, that might be a different story, but in general I would rather never allow myself the opportunity to get into that situation. I do enjoy archery, though, so if a bastard came at me with a bow and arrow I'd smoke his ass.;):D

• Members

Bonoman forgot to mention that the murder rate in Canada is proportional to the population, eh? Only they use knives and clubs instead. Statistics are alway manipulated to serve the one spouting them off. For example, the overhelming murders in America were gang related. Now, you don't mind if these idiots kill each other off do you? The murder rate in the USA is down to a rate of twenty years ago. The only problem with gun control laws is it only applies to law abiding citizens.

But we're not talking about homicide rates, we're talking about homocides committed by gun. It's true, we're just as violent as you guys are. Maybe even more violent (damn that stronger beer!), but that's not the point. I'd rather face off against a guy with a knife than with a gun because I think I'd at least have a chance with a knife and the 'innocent bystander' factor is much smaller in that scenario.

• Members

But we're not talking about homicide rates, we're talking about homocides committed by gun. It's true, we're just as violent as you guys are. Maybe even more violent (damn that stronger beer!), but that's not the point.

I think if allow people to drink all that Screech, you guys have no one to blame but yourselves.

• Members
But we're not talking about homicide rates, we're talking about homocides committed by gun. It's true, we're just as violent as you guys are. Maybe even more violent (damn that stronger beer!), but that's not the point. I'd rather face off against a guy with a knife than with a gun because I think I'd at least have a chance with a knife and the 'innocent bystander' factor is much smaller in that scenario.

You'd be surprised how many close range shots from handguns miss.

• Members
Yeah, because, like, all terrorists are muslims, like the IRA, ETA, Timothy McVeigh, Baader-Meinhof, FARC, the Tamil Tigers, November 17 etc. and the only threat to the US comes from Islam and not the rising power of China
:thu:

Since 2000 the muslims 'win', for lack of a better phrase, hands down; US, Canada, Spain, France, Germnay, UK, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Bali, Kenya, Tanzania, Phillipines, Somalia, and let's not forget Jordan, Lebannon, and Israel.

Religion of Peace my ass. :freak::rolleyes:

McVeigh is dead where he should be, the IRA hasn't been all that active so..... yeah let's defend the moslmbs. :rolleyes:

Neon, as I said before, take of the rose colored glasses your wearing. You really need to get a grip on reality.

OK Jazz you can now ban me again for hurting the feelings of the vomit. :bor::rolleyes:

Archived