Warrior Basses

PumpkinDog

• Members

They are very nice looking basses, but they are damn expensive! I also heard of a bunch of QC issues with them. Not sure if that only applies to select years, or all of them...but I heard they are very hit & miss. I really like the Arch Angel guitar...

For that kind of dough, I'd be rocking a Sadowsky or a Fodora.

• Members

For that kind of dough, I'd be rocking a Sadowsky or a Fodora.

Yeah the other problem with warrior is there's not much of a chance you get to play the bass before you buy it unless you live close to the place where they make them or the person who's selling it.

• Members

I played a few a Bass Player Live last year. They were pretty nice, but of course they pick and choose the best ones to bring out to a trade show like that. I didn't like them anyways, just not my cup o' tea. I would sort of compare the feel of the neck to a Warwick. Not quite as large, but still slow as balls. They just felt weird.

I do like how they have their low E and low B go right through the body for added sustain...it's pretty cool. That's about it though...

• Members

I've got a '97 Warrior Model III 5-string that was custom handbuilt for the '97 Summer NAMM show in Nashville, TN. It's one of the nicest playing 5-strings I've ever tried. The bass just sings, it really feels great playing it unplugged. If you can find one used at a good price, I'd say buy it.

100_0069.JPG

100_0066.JPG

Specs:

Top: Curly Bubinga

Body: Black Walnut

Body Spacer: Ebony

Neck: 11 Piece Neck Through (Ebony, Stringer, Black Walnut, Maple Stringer, Ebony Stringer, Purpleheart, Maple Stringer, Purpleheart, Ebony Stringer, Maple Stringer, Balck Walnut, Ebony Stringer)

Fingerboard: Bloodwood

Pickups: Seymour Duncan Bassline Soapbars

Bridge: Gotoh

Tuners: Gotoh

• Members

I have played several. Guitar-X was a Warrior "gallery" for quite some time. Some of them were absolutely outstanding.....others, not so much. definitely a "try before you buy" bass.

Agreed. That having been said, I tried mine, I loved it, I bought it.

DSCF0548.jpg

It was also a NAMM model. Killer fretless tone and a lot of fun to play.

Archived