Who had money on the 10th day for me to smoke again?

slapthefunkyfour

• Members

Go buy a pack, dump all of the cigarettes out on the ground outside, then stomp and grind and jump up and down on them until they're ground into dust. Assert your independence!

That would be a more dumber waste of money than actually smoking. At least when you smoke you temporarily feel good about it.

• Members

Heres a few reasons.

I hate that stuff. People show it to me all the time. Oh, good, cause I completely forgot that smoking is bad for you. Thanks for reminding me. Everyone has seen that crap since they were in grade school. Everyone knows it's bad for you, but for some wierd reason we do it anyway.

• Members

I hate that stuff. People show it to me all the time. Oh, good, cause I completely forgot that smoking is bad for you. Thanks for reminding me. Everyone has seen that crap since they were in grade school. Everyone knows it's bad for you, but for some wierd reason we do it anyway.

Don't blow up at me cause you're in a bad mood, If you already know its bad for you then stop at this point its a psychological issue if you're too weak minded to deal with it than buy yourself a god damn pack and smoke yourself to death.

• Members

OK, I was off a few days -- but still you are going to occasionally get a strong desire to smoke now and then. If you find that you can't fight it off, then it would be better to go get some nicotine gum (the gum will give you your "hit" better than the patch) than to light one up. Try to get by with the smallest dose possible. Hang in there dude.

• Members

Don't blow up at me cause you're in a bad mood, If you already know its bad for you then stop at this point its a psychological issue if you're too weak minded to deal with it than buy yourself a god damn pack and smoke yourself to death.

Sorry, I hope you don't think that I'm getting mad at you. I appreciate you and everyone else on here for helping me through this. I'm not going to smoke, but sometimes it's nice to hear from friends that they are willing to help you get though the hard cravings. That's why I started this thread in the first place. I hope that soon there will be alot more of us on here with a "days without cigarettes" thing in their sig like me. If I can do it, anyone else can.

I just hate how all the people who don't smoke always tell smokers that smoking is bad for them. Do non-smokers really think that people who smoke have never seen all those commercials about smoking? Have smokers never heard anyone say that it's bad for you? I know that when I used to smoke, it was so annoying how people bugged me all the time. It really just made me want to smoke more just to piss them off.

• Members

you quittin' too...?

Here's something we can all agree on....

pey.jpg

• Members

OK, I was off a few days -- but still you are going to occasionally get a strong desire to smoke now and then. If you find that you can't fight it off, then it would be better to go get some nicotine gum (the gum will give you your "hit" better than the patch) than to light one up. Try to get by with the smallest dose possible. Hang in there dude.

I think I'm gonna have to get some. I have 10 hours of being in the band van on the road this weekend. I'm the only one in the band who doesn't smoke.

Thanks for the support.

• Members

Sorry, I hope you don't think that I'm getting mad at you. I appreciate you and everyone else on here for helping me through this. I'm not going to smoke, but sometimes it's nice to hear from friends that they are willing to help you get though the hard cravings. That's why I started this thread in the first place. I hope that soon there will be alot more of us on here with a "days without cigarettes" thing in their sig like me. If I can do it, anyone else can.

I just hate how all the people who don't smoke always tell smokers that smoking is bad for them. Do non-smokers really think that people who smoke have never seen all those commercials about smoking? Have smokers never heard anyone say that it's bad for you? I know that when I used to smoke, it was so annoying how people bugged me all the time. It really just made me want to smoke more just to piss them off.

nah man I'm sorry I was at fault too, in truth I was just carrying over some frustrations from my job earlier.

I never smoked cigs but I did do maryjane in my first two years of highschool and one day I just decided to stop and turn everything around and it worked for me I guess its not the same with regular fags.

• Members

nah man I'm sorry I was at fault too, in truth I was just carrying over some frustrations from my job earlier.

I never smoked cigs but I did do maryjane in my first two years of highschool and one day I just decided to stop and turn everything around and it worked for me I guess its not the same with regular fags.

Good for you. I personally have nothing against people who smoke weed, and I love the smell of it, but I just don't like it anymore. I don't mind if you smoke it around me.

Ask anyone who has smoked weed and tobacco. Marijuana is not addictive at all. I've smoked more than my fair share when I was young, and like you, I just stopped. That was easy. Quitting smoking tobacco is much much harder. Hopefully, you will never have to know how hard it is.

• Members

Based on my experience, this is the most difficult time!!!

After two weeks, I said screw it, I'm gonna smoke. I had the cig in mouth, lighter lit, then I just dropped everything.

From that point on, it was like coasting. I felt really confident after that. It's been almost 6 years now.

Hope this help. It WILL get easier.

• Members

Based on my experience, this is the most difficult time!!!

After two weeks, I said screw it, I'm gonna smoke. I had the cig in mouth, lighter lit, then I just dropped everything.

From that point on, it was like coasting. I felt really confident after that. It's been almost 6 years now.

Hope this help. It WILL get easier.

I know it will. I'm a tough guy. I just hope I don't piss off too many people in the meantime. (pun intended:D)

• Members

You can do it man.

That van trip will put you to the test. Bring gum, but try to avoid chewing it if you can.

I'll make it. The guys in the band all know that I quit and they wouldn't give me a smoke even if I was crying and begging on my knees.

I really would like to find some of those cinnamon flavored toothpicks. I haven't seen those in over 20 years though. I wonder if they even make them anymore.

Archived