Used Peavey Cabs

Apendecto

• Members

I'd sell your a tvx series 4x10 for 250$, its a deluxe version of the tx, it has kevlar impregnated speakers and a nice tolex cover. PM me if interested. It goes very very well with the peavey max series, you can find them all over ebay.

• Members

I have a TX and a TXF (sames as the TVX but with different skin) The TX sounds a bit more scooped and both have a metric {censored}eton of bottom for a 4X10. There is nothing in their price range that can touch them, IMNSHO.

• Members

I have a TX and a TXF (sames as the TVX but with different skin) The TX sounds a bit more scooped and both have a metric {censored}eton of bottom for a 4X10. There is nothing in their price range that can touch them, IMNSHO.

Nice.

So one isn't the "budget line" or something?

Yo.

• Members

Peavey cabs, heads, and combos, are about as reliable as you can get and have decent sound that can be very good sound with processor of choice in front of it. However the downside of peavey bass cabs for the past few yrs is they are stupid heavy. Older ones didnt weigh as much as the newer ones.

• Members

Nice.

So one isn't the "budget line" or something?

Yo.

Not really. They now have a Pro line but the TX and the TXF/TVX were their main line when introduced. They are very tough and conservatively rated. The only problem I've had in the last decade was a blown horn tweeter and I bought a new element (changabe with just a screwdriver) for $15.

• Members

I have a tvx classic (tweed) 4X10 that I bought from the bass player of the Posies off of craigslist for a buck twenty-five. It's kind of hammered looking from all the road use but still has steller tone and works perfectly. I have to keep the volume on my Eden 550 amp down a bit to keep from clipping it.

Archived