Mark Bass

Jenks Mahoney

• Members

Recently bought a Little Mark II, Great tone,Massive low end. Love the gain contol, no more clipping the input. Six pounds, 500watts@4ohms. Problem is, gets hot, shuts down!!! Anyone have any thoughts?

Warranty!

Probably has heatsink issues.

• Members

And maybe this will be a chance to hear how good the CS is.

Yo.

+1

I really like the sound of T. Alan's Markbass head and was even considering getting one but the unknown customer service sent me to GenzBenz when I bought a lightweight head. I really hope this turns out well on the CS front.

:)

• Members

Definitely sounds like an issue with your amp in particular because those are not strenuous settings. I'm very interested to hear how customer service is with Markbass. I already know the sound quality is there.

hey man - have you compared the mb amps with your t-funk? i've been looking pretty hard at a markbass but there's no local stores.

• Moderators

I heard T. Alan Smith's through his Bergantino cab and it was really sweet sounding. I have yet to get to test it out myself, but based on what I heard, if the build quality is there, it is a fantastic head for that price.

You should ask T. Alan the same question. He actually hooked up my Tfunk through his cabinet and got to do a little side by side comparison. He might be able to give some good comparison info.

• Members

And maybe this will be a chance to hear how good the CS is.

Yo.

Actually, it won't. It will be a chance to see how good the CS at Guitar Center is (at least if he's in the US). Markbass has no authorized service centers in the US, so the only way to resolve a QC issue is to take it back to GC and exchange it. Which, I believe, is covered under their purchase price for the Markbass stuff (you have to pay them an additional $100 to cover Markbass stuff).

• Members

Actually, it won't. It will be a chance to see how good the CS at Guitar Center is (at least if he's in the US). Markbass has no authorized service centers in the US, so the only way to resolve a QC issue is to take it back to GC and exchange it. Which, I believe, is covered under their purchase price for the Markbass stuff (you have to pay them an additional $100 to cover Markbass stuff).

You can only buy Markbass stuff from GC?

Yo.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

4Ohm load, Low Down Sound4x8 cab. 500watt rated, not pushing the amp hard, tones just above or below flat, gain under clip point, volume@3

Hey Jenks,

Sorry I haven't been spending much time here, but if you haven't gotten this sorted out yet, please let me know and I will help.

Since you were going into a 4 ohm load, there's also a possibility that your cab is actually lower than 4 ohms. This can sometimes cause problems because Markbass heads have a 4 ohm minimum and some 4 ohm cabinets say they're 4 ohms but are actually lower.

But it's hard for me to assess the issue. It could be heat related... does the amp feel hot when it shuts down?

Please give me an update, thanks.

Peter

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Hey Peter, still having shut down problems with Little Mark head. Seems to happen with any bass. Excesive high end content, pop and slap, forced harmonics, facing the amp, getting close to head, sets it off!!! It makes a high pitch Zip! and Stops, light stays on , no sound? Flip switch off wait a few seconds flip it back on and it slowly comes back. What is it, protection circuit not mentioned anywhere on website or manual? Very Frustrating to say the least. Please help.

Archived