completly unrelated to the other thread i think i need glasses.

jonathan_matos5

• Members

Glasses aren't the end of the world man. I got them a few months ago for distancedepth perception and they don't worry me at all anymore.

Also, for bonus points, if you wear them all the time you look comparatively better when you take them off :D

• Members

I'm going for a check next week. If I need them I've decided I'm going to have to go for that Richard Burton in Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf look. 60's glasses, white shirt, thin black tie, cardigan - louche lush look.

I don't know abou you J but I am sort of hoping I do need them in a way because that might explain why I've been struggling to concentrate recently.

:eek::confused:

:cool::)

• Members
Just to read but it seem latley that when I read I have to keep getting closer to the text for it to stay in focus.
:(
I have a feeling I should get my eyes checked before my classes start.

I just got my new pair of glasses yesterday. Been wearing them since 5th grade and I think I'm now officially half blind... :eek:

• Members

That's not the end of the world. My distance vision has been crap since I was a kid, and I've had them since then. My career depends on my vision too, but glasses are just fine for me. Up side is you can find some bad-ass frames, especially if you get some prescription sunglasses.:cool:

• Members

No!!!!! You'll look so dorky.

*looks into mirror*

Oh. Nevermind.

When I got to college and Saturday football games, we always sat in the nosebleed section. The guys were saying "look at #23 (or whatever number)." I was amazed that they could actually read the numbers from that distance. I went to the doc a few weeks later. He said that I probably had needed them for years.

There are some pretty cool frames out there. Go find a pair. I have some John Lennon frames somewhere around here if you want 'em.

• Members

I just got my new pair of glasses yesterday. Been wearing them since 5th grade and I think I'm now officially half blind...
:eek:

8th grade for me, but still true. Blind as a bat.

I actually prefer the way I look in glasses and am attracted to guys that wear them.

• Members

Your glasses look really good on you, Jeff. Big
:thu:
from me!

I wore contacts from 1977 - 2002. I got tired of dealing with them and went to glasses. My reason for getting contacts (got the daily disposable kind) is that at gigs where we play outside I'd really like to have sunglasses but didn't want to drop the coin for prescription sunglasses. I decided that the contacts and some $15 shades would work better...plus I can wear the shades/contacts elsewhere during the Summer months.

Each day it's a game time decision. I probably wear contacts about 50% of the time now at most.

• Members

If you end up needing glasses, Don't go cheap! (They are on your FACE)

Mine cost more than my bass!

I always use Transitions so they darken in the sun.

Middle age guys like me have to pay extra for no line bifocals, thin lenses etc....

• Members

I use contacts, with these new one day lenses that you throw away after 1 day it's very easy, no liquids and you don't have to worry about loosing one, you just use a new one.

I prefer the ones you can wear for longer times. Those throw away things just sound wasteful and just putting the damn lenses on is a pain in the ass.

I need to get new glasses but picking ones that look good is quite a task.

As I always say, if I don't have my glasses on, Stevie Wonder sees better than I do! :D

• Members

I prefer the ones you can wear for longer times. Those throw away things just sound wasteful and just putting the damn lenses on is a pain in the ass.

I need to get new glasses but picking ones that look good is quite a task.

As I always say, if I don't have my glasses on, Stevie Wonder sees better than I do!
:D

It takes me 20 seconds to put on both lenses in. Sure it's wasteful, but really convenient.

Archived