Rondo Rack Case---what's the quality?

chubrocker

• Members

I have one of those in a 4 space that i bought off my old keyboard player. Decent build. VERY deep--the thing is a monster actually. The covering isn't metal but an imaged laminate sheet of some sort glued to the wood. Front and rear rails come standard. My only complaint--some of the screw holes are stripped, but that could have been from the previous owner. Oh and my amp, mounted in the bottom spaces, does not sit flush on the floor of the case--there's about 1/4" of space.

Overall I'd have to say I'd buy it over a plastic rack if I was in the market.

• Members

I don't have that, but I have the flight cases that are the same construction. As I say any time someone's looking at them, they're {censored}ing tanks. I can jump on the flight cases (At my current 235 lbs.), and for a smaller case like that, they're only going to be stronger.

• Members

I emailed them about a year ago (Rondo) and was told the aluminum ones were "light to medium duty" -- 1/8" plywood, if I recall, I'd have to dig up the original email. If you're loading them into a truck or van nightly I'd probably go for something sturdier. It also doesn't appear that the handle is recessed, if that means anything to you.

I bought all Road Ready cases before we started playing out a significant amount a few years ago and they still look good as new. I won't say they'll survive a trip off the roof going down the highway, or that I had the fattest audience member I could find start to jump on them, I take care of my gear. But I do know that I trust the hell out of them, and trust them a lot more than the SKB cases I used to use (both of which eventually were damaged beyond repair and had to be replaced).

I suppose if you're taking good care of it, any case will work. But I'll say that the Road Ready cases go beyond the call.

Archived