GBE600 question...

MrJoshua

• Members

I'm pretty sure I have this figured out, but I thought I'd double-check here and see if I'm right about this. :)

I have a gig coming up, and I'm going to run the DI output of my GBE600 to the board. Now, I have a compressor in the effects loop of my GBE, and I'd like to send the compressed signal to the board. Since I'm the sound man (AND the bass player - a friend of mine will babysit the board and tweak stuff while we play, but we'll be using my PA gear and I'll be doing the soundcheck, doing the initial mix, etc.) I'm sure the sound man will be OK with this. ;)

I just want to verify that switching the DI to "Post" will include the effects loop in the DI signal. From reading the manual I'm pretty sure that the signal path is preamp -> effects loop -> footswitchable filters -> EQ -> Master Volume. Then the DI is tapped from before the preamp gain control with the switch in the "Pre" position, or after the EQ with the switch in the "Post" position. But, I'm not 100% about this, and could be wrong.

So, will putting the switch in "Post" give me the results I want? Also, will this make the "Mute" button mute the DI output as well? Because I have no volume control on my bass. ;) I ripped all the controls out, because it was an active EQ circuit and I wanted to rewire the bass passive. I had an on/off switch and a series/parallel switch for a while, but I always just left it in series and rarely used the on/off switch, so I just removed them, too.

Thanks!

• Members

I have no idea. I don't use the effects loop.

I'm pretty certain in the "Pre" setting that the mute does not mute the DI. I use a Boss TU-2 to mute my amp.

Correct. I proved that theory last night and it freaked me out for about 2 seconds until I remembered I was Pre. :o

• Moderators

I'm very confident that the post eq grabs the effects loop, too, since I had a 600 for a while and that's how I ran it. Since the effects loop is "pre-eq" according to the manual, running the DI "post eq" will include anything you have in the loop.

Archived