My audition with "Rusty Groove".

Funkee1

• Members

No, they do not have a trombone!!!!:mad:

Saturday, I went and played with Rusty Groove. They are cool guys with not much ego, and great players too. The drummer is a scene veteran like myself. These are not young guys.

I played one of their originals for jamming sake (It's on the myspace page.... Funk it up), and we jammed it for a while, then we talked for a bit. I showed them one of the songs I was going to use for my own CD (the one Scott dropped the ball on....), and they took to it like ducks to water, then I started playing "Panther" By Marcus Miller, and they jumped on it.

We jammed it for about 30 minutes!!

When we were done, I asked if they had heard it before, and they said "No! What was that? Did you write it?" I said no, and wen't and got the CD from the car.

It was so close to the way we played it, I was shocked!!! They had never heard it before, and instinctively knew the right stuff to play!

:D I think this is gonna be a good fit!

• Members

So what's your current plan, bassgeek? What are this band's goals, etc.?

Well, answering both questions, these guys plan on relasing another CD, and they want to do either: Showcase gigs for their originals, or very high dollar corporate gigs.

they want to gig a couple of times a month, but for the highest visibility, or the fattest paycheck.

At this point, I am going to continue to do both, but I am not doing the long distance travel gigs, and with my trust issues with Mr. Carter, I may be backing out alltogether.........but that's later!

• Moderators
Well, answering both questions, these guys plan on relasing another CD, and they want to do either: Showcase gigs for their originals, or very high dollar corporate gigs.

they want to gig a couple of times a month, but for the highest visibility, or the fattest paycheck.

At this point, I am going to continue to do both, but I am not doing the long distance travel gigs, and with my trust issues with Mr. Carter, I may be backing out alltogether.........but that's later!

Good luck to you, sir. Sounds like some good days ahead for you.:)

• Members

Umm... cool??!?
:idk:

Seriously... that's pretty kick ass. Going to a jam session and having everyone click like that is better than sex... IMHO...

Sounds like you're not doing it right.:eek:

Seriously, nothing like a jam that is so smooth and easy that it's almost effortless.

Archived