Anyone use a GT Brick

fretless

• Members

basstasters.com has some clips of it along with a few others.

If he wants a really good pre, look no further than the Avalon U5.

Cool I'll go there and check it out , The U5 does not have a XLR in , I would need their mic pre , the M5 which is a bit out of my budget .

• Members

I'm looking for the same for my next recording project. I want bang for buck as well as flexability. That said, coming from my Earthworks LAB pres is gonna be tough. The Avalon is nice, but I agree that it's not a bang for buck piece. The problem with the Brick is that if you plan on using it for your main pre, then be warned that you'll start hearing mud building up. It's a great 2nd pre, but not a primary pre...unless you plan on really simple mixes. Check out the FMR Audio RNP instead. I've tracked awhile thru a SafeSound P1 and it was great to work with.

• Members

I don't have any clips online right now, but I have and use a Brick and think it's a great pre to have in your arsenal. :thu: I wouldn't use it on every single track, but then again, I can't say I own ANY preamp I'd want to use on every single track. That's why I own more than one pre. ;) I've also used it as a DI on stage, and it works great for that, too.

• Members

I don't have any clips online right now, but I have and use a Brick and think it's a great pre to have in your arsenal.
:thu:
I wouldn't use it on every single track, but then again, I can't say I own ANY preamp I'd want to use on every single track. That's why I own more than one pre.
;)
I've also used it as a DI on stage, and it works great for that, too.

Good to hear :thu::cool:

• Members

Yeah, the RNP
;)
and SafeSound P1.

I just talked to the guy who bought my Earthworks LAB 2 ch pre. He's willing to sell it back to me.

Hmm... I have a RNC , but have never heard the RNP , I do want fat and warm do you think the RNP is on the more transparent side ? Safesound , I'll check them out . Earthworks , better get it while you can ;) Thanks T.

Archived