What's the thing you've owned the longest?

Rowka

• Members

Harmony H73, Roy Smeck signiature model Iv'e owned since about 1968.

http://harmony.demont.net/model.php?id=215

And about a year Later my Sunn Solarus guitar amplifier w/ 2 X 12 Cab.

[deleted, possible malware site]

I can't think of a single thing I've owned longer then that except maybe a couple of Little League Baseball and Basketball Trophys and some autographed photos of old Balt. Oriole players. Brooks Robinson with his arm around my shoulders from when I was about 8 yrs. old (1962). Boog Powell, Frank Robinson, Paul Blair, Dave McNally, Jim Palmer.... etc.

Oldest things I own:

Seth Thomas Mantel Clock, Circa 1867

Knabe Upright Piano, Circa 1895

• Members

Not the oldest thing you own, but the thing that you have owned the longest.

I have a gold chain and Jesus medallion that was bought for me upon my birth, but I don't really count that.

The thing that I've owned the longest that I had influence in its purchase is my Buescher Aristocrat alto sax. Bought for me 30 years ago and I still use it.

How about you?

I still own the Aurora HO scale roadracing set I got for Christmas in 1963.

Cover-Graham-2.jpg

• Members

I still own the Aurora HO scale roadracing set I got for Christmas in 1963.

Cover-Graham-2.jpg

Wow! If my memory serves me right, they had to be about brand new technology hitting the toy market about 1963.

I had electric trains (American Flyer) I got in about 1959 but I can't count them because I passed them on to my brother last year. I had gotten them from MY father so I don't know how old they were, just that some of the cars were steel but with most of the paint gone.

• Members

Wow! If my memory serves me right, they had to be about brand new technology hitting the toy market about 1963.

I had electric trains (American Flyer) I got in about 1959 but I can't count them because I passed them on to my brother last year. I had gotten them from MY father so I don't know how old they were, just that some of the cars were steel but with most of the paint gone.

Yeah, we got the old one with the controller that looked like a steering wheel on the dashboard. It was four lane figure eight so you could break it into a pretty long two lane setup. My little brother got the "golden gate bridge" one in 1967 and we had one huge setup. I still even have the cardboard "golden gate bridge".

I keep thinking about selling to a collector on eBay or something but never get around to it.

• Members

Hmm...well, I've got pictures and paraphernalia from when I was a baby...does that count? Of my possessions, perhaps my Revenge Of The Jedi movie poster and patches, as well as my "Bantha Tracks" Star Wars Fan Club newsletters. I also have a couple of albums from back then.

Oldest...I've got a coin from the 1850s. I also have several Morgan Dollars from the 1880s, maybe 1870s, too. It's been a while since I looked at my collection.

Guitars/music-related...I have a 1965 Gibson Melody Maker and a 1967 SG.

• Members

The thing I've owned the longest is a sled-I've had it since 1992, probably.

The oldest thing I own:

RSCN0272.jpg

Awesome!

Instant Rat-look, stick some lights on and an engine if it doesnt have one. some nice alloys and drop that baby! :cool:

The thing I own the longest is probably some books or toys or something. :confused:

The oldest thing I own is probably my first guitar. I think it may be from the 70's, possibly older. The name on the paper in the soundhole is Valenciana. There's some more stuff but I can't remember it. I bought it from my first guitar teacher about 12 years ago.

The problem is that the top has sunken so along with this the neck has raised and the action is about 3". :(

• Members

Awesome!

Instant Rat-look, stick some lights on and an engine if it doesnt have one. some nice alloys and drop that baby!
:cool:

:eek:

What the pictures don't show is that I have the interior gutted, there's no floor to speak of in the front footwells, and neither the brakes nor the power steering work. Not to mention the phenomenal amount of bodywork needed.

But it runs! :freak:

• Moderators

The oldest thing I own that I personally got is a tape of Michael Jackson "Off the Wall" from when I was in 6th Grade. I also have a couple of rifles that are very old. The thing I am the most proud of is my grandpa's letter sweater from when he was in high school in the early 30's.

• Members

I've got some baseball cards at my parents house that I've had since around 1988 (or roughly when I was 5 years old). Those must be what I've owned the longest.

The oldest thing I own is probably my console radio. I have no clue how old it is. I got it from craigslist. It is mostly functioning, and quite amazing.

Archived