What's the thing you've owned the longest?

Rowka

• Members

Not the oldest thing you own, but the thing that you have owned the longest.

I have a gold chain and Jesus medallion that was bought for me upon my birth, but I don't really count that.

The thing that I've owned the longest that I had influence in its purchase is my Buescher Aristocrat alto sax. Bought for me 30 years ago and I still use it.

How about you?

• Members

A Sony Walkman I bought, with my own money, when I was around 8 with money earned from working the family business.

Or a Kodak Brownie Box camera that used 110 film and flash cubes. Still have shoe boxes of photos from that camera.

• Members

A gold watch my dad's friend gave me. He hid that uncomfortable hunk of metal up his ass for several years while he was in a Vietnamese prison...

Honestly, a modified Kramer/Strat guitar that my brother and I built 20 years ago. I don't usually keep things around very long.

• Members

Probably my 66 or 67 Hofner Colorama and original gig bag. The bag is still in excellent shape, the guitar is in rehab, missing a few parts and the original vinyl covering. My first brand new electric, from "Santa" while we were living in Wiesbaden, Germany. :love:

• Members

A pair of black loafers from my dad. He'd had them in college, way back in the early '50s. They've been resoled a couple times. :D

My MIA '62 Jazz reissue I bought new in 1987.

My Jeep Cherokee I bought new in 1993. It just turned 175 K miles.

• Members

I have a bunch of stuff in storage that I've had since I was a baby, but that really does not count since I didn't buy it. I guess the oldest stuff I have that I actually bought are matchbox cars and baseball cards that I bought with allowance money when I was a kid. The cards go back to about '84 when I was 7.

• Members

The oldest thing I own is a bronze ring that dates about -2000.

The thing I've owned the longest I don't know. I still have stuff like a dove moneybox and posters I got on the walls when I was a baby.

As for what I bought by myself, I don't know. Probably a book.

• Members

A gold watch my dad's friend gave me. He hid that uncomfortable hunk of metal up his ass for several years while he was in a Vietnamese prison...

One time I was managing some apartments in North Hollywood. There was this couple who lived in one of the units that looked like they skipped out. I went into the apartment to look around and saw this gold watch hanging on this ceramic kangaroo. I was tempted to grab it but then I heard somebody in the bathroom so I booked.

• Members

I have a copy of "The Scroobius Pip" that my uncle gave me for X-mas 1973, probably the thing I've owned the longest.

As for old {censored}, I have a beer stein that is from the late 1800s (mint condition too!), off the top of my head that is the oldest item I own.

• Members

One time I was managing some apartments in North Hollywood. There was this couple who lived in one of the units that looked like they skipped out. I went into the apartment to look around and saw this gold watch hanging on this ceramic kangaroo. I was tempted to grab it but then I heard somebody in the bathroom so I booked.

:thu:

Archived