Makes of Bass found mainly in the USA.

unclebill98

• Members
Hi all,

I am heading to the States and I am looking at picking up a new/2nd bass. Now I know the Fenders and MM and Warwicks are all fairly known over this side of the pond.

But Last time I was there I am sure I missed out on some savage gear due to lack of knowledge.

I am looking at getting another MusicMan Stingray, Sterling or Bongo but I'd like to maybe get something else while I have the chance....

Thoughts please...

Lakland....Lakland and yeah and then there are Laklands. :cool:

• Members

hi all, thanks for the sugestion.

As some of the Irish here pointed out, G&L and Fenders are very much over here. I am heading to Boston and to the guitar centre there plus all the other ones around that area.

Laklands now is something I've not tried before so there on the list. There are some other good ones there. I am really looking forward to that good aul USofA sales team, there alot more friendly than most of the shops around here......

Keep them coming....If any one has personal use of some of the ones your suggesting, please do tell...

THanks willplayforfood, kind of what I was getting at....I'f i never heard of them thats a good thing!!!

• Members

hi all, thanks for the sugestion.

I am heading to Boston and to the guitar centre there plus all the other ones around that area.

THanks willplayforfood, kind of what I was getting at....I'f i never heard of them thats a good thing!!!

Here is the list I gave before with links and stuff:

Pedulla

Handmade basses crafted in Rockland, Mass, about 25 miles outside of Boston. One of the earliest manfacturers to polycoat their fretless basses. I believe that's why the fretlesses are the buzz model.

Nordstrand

Offers two lines of basses, custom and Fender Jazz lookalike. Also builds pickups which seem to be quite popular.

You can find out more about Nordstrand and other builders here --> http://www.blueberryhillbass.com/

Bee

I believe James Hart owns a 7 string Bee IIRC.

MTD

Mike Tobias makes custom handmade basses in upstate New York. Amazingly great instruments, IMO. I've been able to play a few of them and they all showed close attention to fine details. Just an easy bass to play.

Benavente

Elrick

My friend has had many of these both fretted and fretless in 4, 5 & 6 string flavors. My friend is enamored with Elrick's single cut design and I can't say I blame him. The basses are beautiful and easy to play. The craziest thing is how light these basses are. Looking at them you'd think they'd weigh a ton but somehow they are feather light.

Stambaugh

These basses are built north of Boston, in New Hampshire.

Archived