how often do you play?

wilki29

• Members

I don't have a practice regimen, but I try to hit it at least 5 to 6 times a week. Whether it's a few minutes of noodling, or a couple of hours going over new tunes for the band. Practice or noodling, either, is personal so you need to find some time to yourself. You need to free your mind of your daily problems. Relax and get comfortable, and immerse yourself in thoughts of bass, for too soon Monday morning comes.

• Members

I can't find anything more satisfying then playing some bass and practicing.

:thu: I love learning some old funk songs that you can just groove to all night like James Brown's Get up offa that thing.

• Members

Learning new songs

Rehearsal

Shows

That's about it these days.
:(

same..we have 3 or 4 3hr gigs a week (3 gigs + a 3hr practice or if 4gigs - maybe a quick 1 hr run through of song joining type bridges etc.) . . .unless I am learning a few new songs or working on something partucular I might not touch a bass Monday and Tuesday. (unless sitting at home watching a flick on my computer in which case I might fiddle with the ABG but nothing focused)

I should have a better practice regimen...:o:blah:

• Members

Question for you guys who practice with their bands:

I just normally leave my main equipment there and practice at home with my cheap stuff what do you guys do?

all of my gigging gear, minus one bass, currently lives at the guitarist's house. i have an ampeg combo here at home, and one of my basses, so i suppose i could, theoretically, practice at home if i chose to. but between the day job, the missus and the 2 kids, i just don't seem to make time for practicing...

• Members

Question for you guys who practice with their bands:

I just normally leave my main equipment there and practice at home with my cheap stuff what do you guys do?

We practice in my downstairs garage, so if I'm too lazy to go down there I'll plug my Squire into the bass trainer in the bedroom.

That kinda sound painful, now that I think about it.

Archived