need some advice

wilki29

• Members

Dude - that is such a great suggestion...!

A sure shot....

maybe she likes MG and you...it's a perfect excuse for a fun date

maybe she likes MG but not you....a great gift she'll enjoy

maybe she doesn't like MG but does like you....a perfect excuse for a fun date

maybe she doesn't like MG or you....she has a perfect "re-gift"

BRILLIANT..!!

Just be mindful of not snagging your sack on the windmill. :freak:

• Members

So i decided on getting that new john mayer cd. I figured it would be a pretty good gift. I know many women like him, and its a very good. What do you all think?

I liked some of the other suggestions better. The miniature golf gift was pretty cool, but if you know what authors your both into, BNyswonger's idea is even better.

If neither of those, a gift cert. to someplace fun at the mall is cool...let her pick out her own CD, UNLESS you know it's someone your both into...and can talk about later. ;):cool:

• Members

i disagree with most of the above.

1: Cash. Interpretation on her part: "guy i don't know is too lazy or thoughtless to get a real gift."

2: Gift card. Interpretation: "Guy wanted to do something because he can't show up empty-handed, but doesn't feel like putting forth any real effort."

3: Miniature Golf. Interpretation: "WTF?"

4: John Mayer (or any other CD). Interpretation: "I guess we're going to be friends. Or maybe he's a homosexual."

5: Best option. Do something nice, and thoughtful, but not creepy or over the top. Call your friend, find out what kind of stuff she's into. If she's into girlie things, get some great soap/lotion/etc at a bath and bodyworks. Even if she doesn't like it, she can always exchange it later. It says, "he's sensitive, and put enough effort into it to show me that he cares what i think. and it's a little sexy, so maybe he's more than into being friends". if she's into music, get her a bunch of CDs in the genre she's into, and write a note saying "i thought you would enjoy these. i saw them and thought of you" and a brief line that says why each of those CDs might be interesting for her. a bunch of candles for her bedroom. and so on. no flowers. you ain't the boyfriend yet.

6: My dick in a box. 'Nuff said.

by the way, don't trust my opinion - all this is coming from the very cute 24 year old girl sitting next to me while i type this. she's telling me all that stuff.

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKOiBZpUKW8
I love that.
:D

Seriously, gift cards are cool to give an easy. Everybody likes Borders or Barnes & Noble.

I agree with Ventura West.

Yeah, but if you like the girl and want to be with her in the future you want to put a little thought into the gift. You should ask your friend what his sister is into and try to get her something that only someone that has taken the time and effort to "know" about her would think of. If you have a relationship you could even consider asking her mother what she might particularly appreciate (cause your friend probably doesn't really have any better clues then you do). Just my $ .02

• Members

The reason I suggested a book or CD, beside giving you something to talk about, is her reaction to it, particularly if it's something YOU dig, will be helpful in determining whether she's someone you want to get to know better or not. It'll also help her learn more about who you are.

If you like John Mayer, cool. :wave:

• Members

i disagree with most of the above.

6: My dick in a box. 'Nuff said.

by the way, don't trust my opinion - all this is coming from the very cute 24 year old girl sitting next to me while i type this. she's telling me all that stuff.

She has a dick?

• Members

1: Cash. Interpretation on her part: "guy i don't know is too lazy or thoughtless to get a real gift."

OK, screw it. Just get a card. You don't even know her and a card is already going the extra mile. Do they make "hey, I don't know who the ____ you are, but happy birthday anyway" cards?:D

Archived