gah.....writers block

catphish

• Members

so, we're recording the last song on the album this weekend. it's been written for months but I never did words for it. I still have no words for it. I've been working on it for three days straight. We're rehearsing it tomorrow night, and i need words!!!! GAH!!!!

inspire me.

• Moderators
so, we're recording the last song on the album this weekend. it's been written for months but I never did words for it. I still have no words for it. I've been working on it for three days straight. We're rehearsing it tomorrow night, and i need words!!!! GAH!!!!

inspire me.

SmokinFiddler. Write about it. 'nuff said.

• Members

keep in mind this is just a recording of the idea....the main melody, and arrangement isn't here at all.

Here ya go

It's begging for a talking, storyteller, Bob Dylan type of vocal. "Well, I was going down the highway..." that sort of deal. I can see why you'd get stuck. This piece is so open that you could do so many things with it lyrically and vocally that you literally have no more space for options. I, personally, liked it as an instrumental piece. Add a more pronounced lead presence that counters some of the other melodic parts, and you've got a nice instrumental track. :)

• Members

It's begging for a talking, storyteller, Bob Dylan type of vocal.

that was my first attempt.

"everyday a test of will

just don't react

ignore the facts,

and take all your pills"

got shot down by the band....they wanted more of a melody. I think I may have a start though.

• Members

that was my first attempt.

"everyday a test of will

just don't react

ignore the facts,

and take all your pills"

got shot down by the band....they wanted more of a melody. I think I may have a start though.

If they have the ability to shoot you down, they can help with some of the lifting, then. :p It's a starting point, for sure. I wish I could be of more help, but I suck. :p

• Members

If they have the ability to shoot you down, they can help with some of the lifting, then.
:p
It's a starting point, for sure. I wish I could be of more help, but I suck.
:p

they really don't. I don't like most of my lyrics (including the stuff posted above), but almost all of the stuff they come up with is really bad. All the stuff going on to the album, so far, I'm really happy with, but this one damn song is just not happening for me lyrically. I like the song.....just can't get a trail on any words.

• Members

If you can give me an idea about what you want the song about I think I can help. I'm a lyrics machine...My band has like 75+ original songs with all but one or two having my lyrics. I like the idea you've got going. Are they against the idea, or the way you said it?

• Members

If you can give me an idea about what you want the song about I think I can help. I'm a lyrics machine...My band has like 75+ original songs with all but one or two having my lyrics. I like the idea you've got going. Are they against the idea, or the way you said it?

I ditched the original idea. I normally try to keep my lyrics vague, but this may not be. Here's what I've got so far....

Fear fans the flame

burning volume and verse

they cleaned the classroom

suet fills the air

spirals up to

an atmospheric vacuum.

Sunday school class

wouldn't question the course,

or sacred sermon.

Don't raise your hand.

you can't question, inquire,

or determine.

Everyone under the sun

could admit, they don't know.

But they would not allow themselves

to be left behind.

At present it's too anti religion, and not vague enough for my taste. if you have input or ideas....go for it.

Please don't anyone be offended if I scrap these ideas, or yours, and start from scratch. I'm not really happy with anything up to this point.

• Members

I understand the song writing thing. I've tossed thousands upon thousands of lyrics...I'll see what I can come up with. I might just try to re-work some of these to be a little bit less obvious if that's cool. But it reads like an anti-establishment song, so I'll try to keep that idea in mind. I actually like it like it is though...

*edit* btw, how far into the song do the lyrics start?

• Members

I understand the song writing thing. I've tossed thousands upon thousands of lyrics...I'll see what I can come up with. I might just try to re-work some of these to be a little bit less obvious if that's cool. But it reads like an anti-establishment song, so I'll try to keep that idea in mind. I actually like it like it is though...

I guess it is, as it stands now, anti establishment...maybe too much so.

*bangs head into desk*

• Members

*edit* btw, how far into the song do the lyrics start?

doesn't matter...that's just a recording of the two parts.

• Members

the flame of fear shines bright

burning volume and verse

the classrooms have been cleaned

suet fills the air

spiraling up

to an atmospheric vacuum.

lessons in the classroom

don't question the course,

or the sacred words.

Don't raise your hand.

you can't question, inquire,

or determine truth.

Everyone under the sun

could admit they don't know.

But they would not allow themselves

to be left behind.

I tried to keep the feeling you had, but make it a little more symbolic and less obviously anti-religious. I really didnt change much. It still has those messages, but you would have to read into the lyrics to get them. IMO, that's what makes good lyrics. Two different people can take something completely different from them.

Archived