Way OT: Any shooters up in here?

L-1329

• Members

There was a time when I used to shoot 400 rounds of home rolled red-line .44 magnums out of either my Ruger Redhawk or my Thompson Contender every weekend. Then, years later I became the range master at the Seattle Fed. for six years. We used Sig 228's. I managed to ace the FBI combat course with this fine firearm on several occasions but my favorite handgun is the Kimber 1911 offering in .45 ACP. Anymore I shoot .22's cuz I'm either too busy or too lazy to reload. I've popped a cap or two.....

My .44 mag load;

250 swaged/cast semi-wadcutter (Lyman mold)

23 grains of Winchester 296 ball powder

reg. large pistol primer (Federal casings)

She's a snappy and accurate load!

• Members

WOOT!!!!! guns are fun.. my father owns a gun shop and he used to be a class three gun dealer, so talk about gettin to have fun when i was growing up. u name any kind of full auto or semi auto firearm and the chances that i have shot it are great... U should try to shoot more often.

good thread.

• Members

I grew up in a little redneck town, so I used to shoot a lot, never owned a gun, though... I'd like to go to a range here and rent a gun to shoot, you can do that here, pretty cool, eh!? in some ways it is the wold west out here, pretty easy to get a concealed permit......

• Members

GAS of a different sort: I'm working on getting a DSA FAL rigged like a Canadian L1A1 with wood furniture. Despite how many good AR's there are, I just like .308 better. I'm hoping Beretta USA will see their way to import the PX4 pistol in .45 (for now a European-only model) in the future.

Archived