Way OT: Any shooters up in here?

L-1329

• Members

Man, I just went to the range for the first time in about three years for a little pistol practice. It was killer! Somehow I actually did some of the best shooting I've ever done, and was just driving tacks all day with my long slide Springfield Armory 1911. That thing is just so smooth and surgical, best handgun I've ever shot by a huge margin. Actually got all the lads a little excercise today, and shot well with each. Now comes the not so fun part of cleaning them all back up, which sucks. Still, it's pretty cool when you can shoot the entire bullseye out of a target.:evil:

So for any and all of you pistoleers in here, keep those barrels hot!:cool:

• Members

I shot guns for the first time during my trip around SE-Asia, I tried Beretta 92 9mm, USP Tactical .45 and some Colt .357. It was ok, but nothing I would spend my money on if I could, but I don't have to worry about that, handguns are banned in Iceland, and almost impossible to get.

• Members

I only own a .22 bolt action rifle. Haven't had it out in years.
:(

The last time I shot was down at Nimee's parents place, out in a ravine in the fields behind the house. There should be space for you to bust out that .22 down in your area for sure!:cool:

• Members

I shot guns for the first time during my trip around SE-Asia, I tried Beretta 92 9mm, USP Tactical .45 and some Colt .357. It was ok, but nothing I would spend my money on if I could, but I don't have to worry about that, handguns are banned in Iceland, and almost impossible to get.

*makes note that evidently 'banned' does not equal 'impossible to get'.*

;)

• Members

Nice shootin'! I haven't had any of mine out for quite some time. The one I enjoy the most is my Star 30M 9mm. But I also have a Ruger Mark II .22 with bull barrel, a S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman .357 mag (N frame model from the late 50's), a stainless Taurus model 85 .38 Special with bobbed hammer (nice concealment piece), and a TC Contender with a 14" .357 Maximum barrel (this one is fun too....might scope it someday).

• Members

Favorite handgun is a SIG 226. I only shoot it a few times a year. The .22's get a pretty good workout though. I have a stainless ruger with a bull barrel that gets the most action, I don't feel guilty if I don't clean it right away. We shoot in my front yard usually.

• Members

:thu:

The current arsenal is down to a TZ-85 9mm DA auto. I sold the Springfield M1A to fund a bass purchase. :o

I've fired a couple dozen models of handguns over the years, in the Army and for fun. My last M1911A1 was my issue sidearm at Fort Knox in the 1980s, a Singer that rattled like a pair of castanets every time I fired it. I bought a new barrel bushing, recoil spring and spring guide rod and swapped the bits out at the range when no one was looking. It made a world of difference. :D

• Members

I don't do much handgun shooting, but I can hit the target pretty good with my Ruger M77 22-250.

Or, last time I went out I could anyway.
:rolleyes:

Fun gun to shoot!

I shoot that gun in .30-06 sometimes.

• Members

*makes note that evidently 'banned' does not equal 'impossible to get'.*

;)

Nah, but I have seen more AKs around then handguns, when something is banned, why try smuggling in a small pistol when you can try smuggling assault rifle :D

• Members

I shot...just not as often as I'd like. I had a Wilson Combat CQB 1911...it was the best pistol I ever had. I sold/traded it for an H&K USP Tactical Pistol, which was really nice too...just not the same. I want to get me another 1911. Currently my Glock is the best pistol I own. The wife really likes the Ruger Mark II w/ bull barrel that I have though...it's easy for her to shoot...

Archived