Low riders, Sunbeams, or flatbeams?

SoundwaveLove

• Members

What flats are you playing now? Personally, I love SunBeams. After a week or so, they mellow to perfection. If you go for Lo-Riders, grab a set of nickels. They won't be as bright as stainless, which might be too bright for you after coming off flats.

• Members

I have Low Rider nickel's on my P/J, and nickel Sunbeam's on my Reverends. I like them both, but especially the much smoother feel of the nickel over the stainless. I've tried the stainless Low Riders on my P/J also, and then were much rougher to feel and didn't last near as long, and didn't have as rich of a tone to my ears as the nickel.

• Members

Fat Beams are great. I use the 5 string set on my Ray. They are wrapped around a round core as opposed to hex core, which gives them a slinkier feel. They also are the smoothest feeling stainless strings I have ever tried.

• Members

lowriders are phat. a lot of lows and mids. personally, i prefer D' Addarios. they have a true tone with the lows, mids and highs. but depending on what kind of bass you have. i have a MIA Fender P-Bass Deluxe with a Badass Bridge 3. so i needed strings that had more of the highs. plus i only pay $10 a set. which is convenient since i go thru them so quickly:thu:

Archived