Busy times ahead for yours truly...

georgestrings

• Members

... my main band is booked 6 times in august, the Coop trib band is booked 3 times, and a new other side project is already booked twice that month, even though we've only been together for 2 weeks, and got in 3 rehearsals so far...

Good thing I like playing out so much - 'cause my plate's full...

- georgestrings

• Members

Not a damn thing wrong with that.

Off-topic: just scored a Peavey Model 215 for cheap. Can I be inducted into the georgestrings Vintage Peavey Rockers Club? Know anything about the Scorpions this came with?

• Members

Wow, good for you.

My band had 6 gigs in June and 5 in July, but that's the busiest we've been so far. We have some changes ahead, but once we get a new lineup up-to-speed, we'll update our demo and start hitting new venues again.

Thanks - IMO, any time you're averaging more than a gig per week, you're busy... sounds like you're doing OK in that regard, too - glad to hear it...

- georgestrings

• Members

Not a damn thing wrong with that.

Off-topic: just scored a Peavey Model 215 for cheap. Can I be inducted into the georgestrings Vintage Peavey Rockers Club? Know anything about the Scorpions this came with?

Yeah, I dig playing so much - and having more than 1 rig is a plus in this circumstance....

As for the Peavey 215 - I would've recommended the 215D-BW... it's 18" deep, as opposed to 13" deep for their other 215 - and in all honesty, I'm not really a big fan of Scorpions - they're a significant step down from Black Widows, IMO....

As for "the club" - sure, the more the merrier...

- georgestrings

• Members
As for the Peavey 215 - I would've recommended the 215D-BW... it's 18" deep, as opposed to 13" deep for their other 215 - and in all honesty, I'm not really a big fan of Scorpions - they're a significant step down from Black Widows, IMO....

The price was right. I'm thinking of it as a reload project anyway.

Archived