Beer: Favorites?

Apendecto

• Members

It was people on here that turned me onto Arrogant Bastard Ale. I've got a...22 ouncer here at home, just gotta find the right time to drink it. I was so excited to find a beer store around here that sold it and other real nice beers.

I'll have to try that Stone IPA as well, which is the same brewery, I think, as the Arrogant Bastard.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chimay blue or white

Westmalle dubbel trapist

Westmalle trippel trapist

La trappe dubbel

Lagers:

Stella Artois

Kronenburg 1664

Pilsner Urquell

I also like some wheat beers like Hoegaarden and Paulaner dunkel

• Members

I need to try this one.

Yo.

I'm tellin' ya, hop on the ferry (no, not b-bottom!) and get yer ass over to WI!

Wanna try something really different? Miller Chill. Not sure if it can be classified as a true beer, but wow what a strange taste! In a good way I mean.

• Members

The best beer I ever had was on tap (fresh keg) at a German restaurant and it was seasonal. Spaten Oktoberfest. Das is goot!!

Oh yeah. I'd love to try that.

Some of my favorites:

Descutes Buzzsaw Brown Seasonal Ale :love:

Descutes Obsidian Stout

Black Toad Dark Ale (Trader Joes)

Widmier Hefeweizen (if it's on tap)

Fat Weasel Ale (Trader Joes)

Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar

Henry's (?) Blond Lager

Miller High Life (sometimes ya' need a traditional American macrobrew)

I tried a 6'er of tall Olde English 800 for olde time's sake. Was sort of OK.

• Members

I'm tellin' ya, hop on the ferry (no, not b-bottom!) and get yer ass over to WI!

Wanna try something really different? Miller Chill. Not sure if it can be classified as a true beer, but wow what a strange taste! In a good way I mean.

I f'n hate Miller Chill. It's much like green fruit loops in beer form. I'll probably give it another chance but it didn't really do it for me.

I probably will take you up on the off Mr. WI. Right now I'm working weekends and it's kind of pain in the ass to get away. One of these days...

Yo.

• Members

Just had me an Innis and Gunn, quite enjoyable

Anything from Picaroon's (local Fredericton microbrewery, which none of you have probably ever had the joy of trying). They have a fantastic summer Dooryard ale which is an organic wheat beer. The Irish Red, and Best Bitter are usual favourites as well.

Waterloo Dark from the Brick brewery in Waterloo, ON.

Rickards IPA

Sleeman dark

much more depending on the mood.

• Members

I just tried this

71252.jpg

And was pretty impressed. I love trying a new beer and having it taste different and great at the same time.

In other news, I'm always trying to find something new to try. Some of my favorites are Guinness, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Most of Leinenkugel's brews, Bell's Hopslam, etc. to name a few.

What do you like? What's worth trying?

Yo.

Not bad for the price, quite refreshing. I like Leinie's Sunset Wheat too. If you like the Summer Shandy try Sam Adams summer ale, not quite as lemony, but still good.

My regular beer purchases include:

Blue Moon

Sam Adams Honey Porter

Sam Adams Black Ale

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

Terrapin Golden Ale (local brewery in Athens, ga)

Leienkugle's Sunset Wheat

JW Dundee's honey brown (when I want a good, cheap beer)

Sierra Nevada Porter

Sierra Nevada anything, usually

And for those special days when I can afford it....

chimay_blue350.JPG

or this....

287px-Duvel_beer.jpg

Too bad the Duvel is like 13 dollars for a 4 pack :(

• Members

It was people on here that turned me onto Arrogant Bastard Ale. I've got a...22 ouncer here at home, just gotta find the right time to drink it. I was so excited to find a beer store around here that sold it and other real nice beers.

I'll have to try that Stone IPA as well, which is the same brewery, I think, as the Arrogant Bastard.

Stone is a great brewery. :thu:

Unfortunately I've only had their IPA and just a sip of the Arrogant Bastard Ale once. They have some other brews too which I'm sure are fantastic. The IPA is probably the most flavorful beer I've ever tried.

• Members

Not bad for the price, quite refreshing. I like Leinie's Sunset Wheat too. If you like the Summer Shandy try Sam Adams summer ale, not quite as lemony, but still good.

Sam Adams doesn't do it for me. There's that really weird SA aftertaste that bugs me.

Sunset Wheat is pretty damn good.

Yo.

• Members

No {censored}. First their wine and now decent beer? I'll have to try it out.

Yo.

Yep, the Stockyard Oatmeal Stout I mentioned earlier is from TJ too. I think it's only $5 for a 6er, at that.

Archived