New Jazz Bass pics

PrestiaRules

• Members

Picked this up on Sunday. Pretty nice MIA Jazz Bass. Sent in the serial #s and neck stamp to Fender and found out it is a 1999 and was from the short lived 'American Traditional Series' sort of a pre-cursor to the highway one line in that they were American made but used lower grade hardware, pickups etc. They were originally made with Poplar but apparently some (including this one according to Luthier) were made with Alder. They are top load only.

First pick was as she came. I dropped it off and had a Gotoh bridge installed as well as some US pickups, CTS pots, switchcraft jack, tortoise guard and chrome control plate and strap locks. I had most of the stuff already sitting around from an earlier project that didn't develop. Plays quite nice and sounds very good. I love the look. The pics make the body seem lighter than it is.

jazzbass001.jpg

jazzbass003.jpg

jazzbass008.jpg

• Members

jazzbass007.jpg

and of the mini rig:

jazzbass006.jpg

its a Crate Power block into a cab I had built for an Eminence B102 Legend 10 inch Whizzer cone speaker. I line my Sans Amp into the effects return and use the power block just as a power amp. Sends 150watts into the cab (8ohm) Works great for practice and as a stage monitor. I have a second cab exactly the same and eventually want to pair them up with a Little Mark II, Neo Pak or that EA Mini head. They each are 8ohm and handle 200w

• Members

yuck. they make every bass ugly

:D

i read somewhere that it's a scientific fact that tort guards > everything else.

you can't argue with science............................................................................................................................................................................................................. :lol:

• Members

i read somewhere that it's a scientific fact that tort guards > everything else.

you can't argue with science.............................................................................................................................................................................................................
:lol:

i'm not into scientology

torts are gross. end of discussion.

• Members

Picked this up on Sunday. Pretty nice MIA Jazz Bass. Sent in the serial #s and neck stamp to Fender and found out it is a 1999 and was from the short lived 'American Traditional Series' sort of a pre-cursor to the highway one line in that they were American made but used lower grade hardware, pickups etc. They were originally made with Poplar but apparently some (including this one according to Luthier) were made with Alder. They are top load only.

First pick was as she came. I dropped it off and had a Gotoh bridge installed as well as some US pickups, CTS pots, switchcraft jack, tortoise guard and chrome control plate and strap locks. I had most of the stuff already sitting around from an earlier project that didn't develop. Plays quite nice and sounds very good. I love the look. The pics make the body seem lighter than it is.

jazzbass001.jpg

oh, man, I absolutely LOVE that colour blue :love::love:....but do you think I could get one left handed? in Australia ? One of the reasons I got Arctic White was because it was neutral ...I could but a blue scratchplate on (yeah, like they're real easy to get left handed ...NOT)

I did see one on a U.S site but no one except Fender ships Fenders overseas

But good on you, well done!! :thu:

• Members

jazzbass007.jpg

and of the mini rig:

jazzbass006.jpg

its a Crate Power block into a cab I had built for an Eminence B102 Legend 10 inch Whizzer cone speaker. I line my Sans Amp into the effects return and use the power block just as a power amp. Sends 150watts into the cab (8ohm) Works great for practice and as a stage monitor. I have a second cab exactly the same and eventually want to pair them up with a Little Mark II, Neo Pak or that EA Mini head. They each are 8ohm and handle 200w

:cool: Hey I'm playing around with a Powerblock setup lately (love that blue glow) . . . since it's a stereo amp I'm running it thru two 10" monitors, getting some separation for the stereo effect . . . a Very Nice practice rig! Berry berry cool !!! Partly cause that's such a hot LITTLE amp (maybe 6 lbs.?); it sounds SO good, almost tube-like I think.

I bought one when they were marked down to $99 but they went to $79. :cool:

:love: BEAUTIFUL BASS, by the way. :love: Nice mod job!

Archived