Help with wireless router

Kindness

• Members

I personally like the Apple AirPort extreme. Fast, reliable and very easy to set up and maintain. It's not amongst the cheapest of the routers/access points, but it is worth the price.

+1, I just got mine for my laptop, it's so simple to set up regardless of whether or not you have a Mac or a PC, very fast, very easy to use, even has 3 LAN connections for other desktops. definately go with this if you can!

• Members

+1, I just got mine for my laptop, it's so simple to set up regardless of whether or not you have a Mac or a PC, very fast, very easy to use, even has 3 LAN connections for other desktops. definately go with this if you can!

What does it have over other routers? I'm not sure why people like 'em, I guess.

• Members

What does it have over other routers? I'm not sure why people like 'em, I guess.

It doesn't really have any features that other routers don't It's just way more reliable. At least it has been in my experience as well as the few other people I've spoken to who own them. I'm gonna go all fanboy and just say that it "just works." Even though it never really is that simple with Mac's, but with this thing, it really is. Just plug it in, run the software, and your off. The only "troubleshooting" I had to do was install the latest driver for my printer so I could use it wirelessly. I also remember one side-by-side that David Pouge at the New York Times did with the major brands and the Airport has the fastest wireless transfer rates of all of them.

Cue the PC fanboys!

Archived