OT: Why I hate the media

Bluescout

• Members

Definitely a tragic accident but it's a realistic example of what the media does figuratively every day which is take a bad situation and turn it into a complete catastrophe just because of their greed to get the biggest breaking news.

Within a minute, other stations with helicopters in the area began reporting news of the crash.

The guy in the other copter is like "best day ever..:thu:"

• Members

Golly, maybe the news stations will stop chasing around cars with their helicopters now.

They don't really do this {censored} in Denver, anyways. The last time I saw a live helicopter feed of a police chase, they were chasing a white Bronco through LA.

C7

Maybe the police will stop chasing around suspects. That'd be the day

• Members

It's the TV news media that gets me. They have 24/7 coverage now, so they have to fill it up with something. No time to actually get anything correct or accurate, just so long as THEY are the first to broadcast it.

Back before cable news channels, the TV news was nightly at around 6 PM. They got the news of the day, wrote it out, tried to at least check it for accuracy and then presented the top stories for half an hour each night. They weren't perfect...but they weren't trying to fill time with news anchors sitting there speculating and just talking out of their asses.

They also didn't have the "live" report like you see now. They have to have a reporter now standing outside a court-house or a jail giving you the feed live. That bugs me. Also the reporters they have that go out live to show that it's snowing near a highway. Chicago does this a lot. When it snows they have to have someone live out by the Dan Ryan or Eisenhower expressway to show you that it's snowing. Ok, we get it. It's the Midwest...it's been snowing here for what, 100,000 years or so? These reporters are like "oh my god! what is this white stuff falling from the skies?!?! Are the Gods angry with us?!?!".

I like my news in the form of a newspaper. Sure, it's got it's problems also, but at least a little time has passed from the story to when it's published. A little more retrospect is put in instead. Nothing is perfect of course, but TV news is the pits now.

• Members

I really don't have a lot of sympathy for the people involved in the crash, sorry.

I see these live car chases on the news nearly every day and for what? Who benefits from showing these? I know, everyone wants to see some firey crash or Hollywood like explosion but do we really need to see this? Does anyone else believe the perps don't know they're on TV and maybe they do this intentionally? And how about the cops, seems they like this sort of thing too but most likely for a different reason; the adrenaline rush.

It is my opinion the news media, all of them, are complicit in a host of crimes today. It isn't enough to report the news now more often they want to BE the news. I cite the polling data and the release of government secrets as two poignant examples.

In this case they have become the news again and for what? I wonder how many of the occupants are leaving families behind. All for some scumbag in a car who wants to evade the police and be on TV for their 5 minutes of 'fame'. :freak: :freak: Now prepare yourselves for a complete history of the occupants and what heroes they were. :rolleyes: I am sure we will see their funerals and their grieving relatives then more accolades. It and they sicken me. They were doing no public service IMNSHO.

OK, now back to the linsay loser lohan story. :freak::freak:

Archived