So did I tell ya'll about that huge promotion I was in line for..

baracuda2004

• Members

I freakin smoked the interview. It was me and 3 other people 2 of which had no clue about anything and the other was a hot girl that I used to work with that also hasn't a clue about working as a perishable manager in a grocery store cause she's only ever been in the bakery.

So I aced every question they threw at me while the others were borrowing answers from me(it was a group type interview where everyone who applied got interview at the same time). And then we had a 10min break while they talked it over and then called us back in a announced that the mother {censored}in' girl got the position.

Granted they pulled me aside after and told me I was clearly the best candidate for the promotion and they'd prefer me to be a Grocery Manager instead of Perishable which is alright I guess, but a Perishable manager starts at $11.80/hr and Grocery manager starts at $9.40/hour. I'm already making $8.55/hr and the Grocery manager position means I've got WAY WAY more responsibility but now I have to wait and be a possibly be a grocery manager for at least 6 months then I can be a Perishable manager for 6-8 months then Assistant manager(2nd highest position).

It {censored}in' sucks cause i've known that a Grocery manager requires more responsibility and knowledge of the company, but I was just kinda hoping that i'd get that $$$ cause I need a new vehicle. And I used to work with that hot girl and she doesn't know a damn thing about anything.

So bassicaly if they really want me to be a Grocery manager and aren't just blowing smoke up my ass about that then for the next 3-4months i'll be having to go behind that bitch and clean up her messes cause all the other employees in that department know she can't handle it... dammit now i'm pretty bummed out.[/bloggish ranting]:(

• Members

Such is life in the business world. Welcome to Hell, kid.

I guess there's only one way to end it all....

BURN THAT {censored}ER TO THE GROUND!!!!:mad::mad:

• Members

Did she have big ones? I bet she had big ones...

I actually know that she {censored}ed one of our former assistant managers and they are both married to other people.. and if she pisses me off or starts trying to boss me around then i'm gonna go to the higher ups that run the whole company across Arkansas/Mississippi/Texas/Louisiana because they're all about living right and following the Bible and Jesus and such. If they had known that then they wouldn't have even considered her and she'd have been fired about 2 years ago. Or worse I could just tell both their SO's about what happened. MAN NOW I'VE GONE FROM BUMMED TO {censored}ING PISSED!!!!!!!:mad::mad: Maybe I should cool down and think about it first and just wait till i'm promoted later...:mad: GOD DAMMIT I'M {censored}ING PISSED THOUGH:mad::mad:

• Members

whatever you do, don't ever go into cashiering. I have worked at Fred Meyer since I was 17 and work there for summer and winter breaks now (I go to a university). Some people are just so incredibly stupid its amazing.

• Members

I feel for ya dude. Life just ain't always fair and there's little you can do about it. Don't worry, you're time is gonna come. And for the girl and those piccalily smearers who picked her instead of you, just remember the good old saying: What goes around comes around!

• Members

Do you HAVE to go behind her and fix things ? . . . sounds like perishables will be going into meltdown . . . let 'em suffer their "mistake"! I know it's probably easier suggested than done but damn, sounds like this lady needs to take a fall.

• Members

Do you plan on making a career out of this place? Since that answer is no, and they actually told you to your face you were the best candidate, but hired her anyway, I'd refuse the position they did offer you and just stay where you are until you find a better job. Let them deal with their management geniuses. Why would you want to take on a lot of extra responsibility for only a few cents more an hour and a stupid huge backhand bitch-slap to the face? Bail.

BTW that happens everywhere. The next time you guys are on an airliner and see a female crew, ask youselves if she had to compete with the regular pilot applicant pool of the most qualified and experienced. Then think what the hell is wrong with people who do the hiring! Gotta love 'equal opportunity'.:rolleyes:

• Members

Do you plan on making a career out of this place? Since that answer is no, and they actually told you to your face you were the best candidate, but hired her anyway, I'd refuse the position they did offer you and just stay where you are until you find a better job. Let them deal with their management geniuses. Why would you want to take on a lot of extra responsibility for only a few cents more an hour and a stupid huge backhand bitch-slap to the face? Bail.

BTW that happens everywhere. The next time you guys are on an airliner and see a female crew, ask youselves if she had to compete with the regular pilot applicant pool of the most qualified and experienced. Then think what the hell is wrong with people who do the hiring! Gotta love 'equal opportunity'.
:rolleyes:

i actually am planning on making a career outta it.. so that's not really an option for me.

• Members

well she's {censored}ing hott as {censored} maybe I could tel her i'd keep her department looking good if she'll swing a lil sumpin sumpin my way:evil:

Just be like "hey you're the boss tell me does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

hahah I don't remember who originaly posted that but I thought it was so funny I'd steal it :wave:

Archived