NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

burdizzos

• Members

it has been what - three years?

all the meets have been on inconvenient dates, and it has been a very busy three years.

It was a kick to meet all the chicago-ites at the time.

The meet they just had in chicago I was out town for.

I also have not spent as much time in here as I used to.

We'll see what happens in the future.

Your music career really took off since then- I hope yfc can sustain.

You guys ever get around to recording a CD?

C>

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Try this:
aero_press_03.jpg

And here's the link to the site:
http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress.htm

Best coffee ever, no kidding. Read the reviews on some of the coffee nerd sites. It's not my everyday coffee maker, as it's a little more work than a drip brewer (2 minutes to grind the beans, about 2 minutes to set it up, 1 minute to microwave the water, and about 2 minutes to press it). I have tried to be the disciple for this maker ever since I got it about a year ago. Try it, you'll like it!

Hmmm... sorry, the I can't get the image to load, but follow the link.

Odd that you're claiming it's slow, while they're claiming it's 1 minute start to finish....

• Members

After going through many coffee makers I finally bought a good one.

http://www.amazon.com/Bunn-NHBX-B-Contemporary-10-Cup-Coffee/dp/B000FFQ4TG/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-2583252-2184420?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1185648821&sr=8-1

The Bunn comes with a 3-year warranty. Bunn replaced my 1st one when I called them and told them the burner light didn't work.

This unit makes the best coffee.

• Members

Odd that you're claiming it's slow, while they're claiming it's 1 minute start to finish....

Yeah, I know. They make it look pretty quick, but it's at least 10 minutes start to finish for me. It takes about a minute to press it through, but all the steps add up. Drip maker: grind beans, pour water, press go. For the Aeropress several more minutes of prep time. I have been late many a morning after making my am Java.

• Members

I have one of these and I really like it. It's a little spendy as drip coffee makers go, but it has all the bells and whistles and it makes a great cup of coffee.

p34278z.jpg

That is my current weapon of choice. Nice. I've had no complaints.

• Members

Seriously. What is the big deal with coffee? I just don't get it.... kind of like Rickenbackers I guess.

Coffee is good tasting, and it stimulates the organs.

Some people go overboard, but if you're properly hydrated and drink some coffee you'll probably feel more gooder about life for an hour or so.

• Members

Coffee is good tasting

It can be, but most of the time it is disgusting. The stuff at my work is absolutely horrid, yet everyone still drinks it.

and it stimulates the organs.

Some people go overboard, but if you're properly hydrated and drink some coffee you'll probably feel more gooder about life for an hour or so.

If you say so. Coffee usually puts me to sleep. :idk:

• Members

i've got a bunn that i've had for almost 13 years now. we average 4 pots of coffee a day and it's been rock solid.

the new bunns are {censored} unless you get one of the small commercial ones like this:

http://www.cw-usa.com/equipment-commercial-coffeepotbrewers-bunn-pourover-vp171.html

they make a full pot of really good coffee in under 3 minutes. can't beat a bunn.

• Members

I use this:

34_full.jpg
http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/product.php?product_id=14&item_id=34&cat_id=3

The thermal Carafe keeps the coffee HOT for 12+ hours, warm for 16-18. seriously, its unreal. We had the Mr Coffee version that was about 2.52-4 hours hot, then sloped out quickly. then it died in about a year unexpectedly.

We only occasionally use the grind, but use it every day for a year with no issues. highly recommended!

JUST GREAT! Now I'm GASsing over a coffemaker!

• 11 months later...
  • Members

+1 on the Cuisinart.

I've got one of these...
25_full.jpg
and I love it!!

Grind my own beans about once a week and have great coffee all week. Set the timer before bed and have a nice hot pot ready for when I leave for work.

My wife picked out a coffee make that she liked and I signed off on it. It was the biggest piece of {censored} I've ever owned. It wasn't a big deal since we only make coffee at home on the weekends, but I reached the end of my rope and ordered one of the Cuisinart units pictures above. Money well spent. It cost me $80 and it works brilliantly.

• Members

The exchange between Bowl G an T- broom got me thinkin...... what if you put a little Cannabis in your coffee grinder along with your French roast???

Mods: I am not advocating... I don't do drugs...only wondering!

• Members

This is the one we've had for a couple of years now:

javamakerzy2.jpg

Cannot recommend the grind portion (failed about 6 months into our use) but can definitely recommend the brew portion of the unit....the coffee that comes out into the pot is as good as the ground beans you put into it.

• Members

I got a kick-ass coffee maker through Gevalia. Go here:

http://www.gevalia.com/Gevalia/continuity/continuity-landing.aspx?keycode=118815

I got the same coffee-maker and then could have just cancelled the membership I have the same coffee-maker and it easily would have cost me $100 in the store. I get 8 oz of coffee sent to me quarterly and it's damn good coffee. Join. Get the coffee-maker. Cancel your membership. Done. Awesome coffee-maker for free...

• Members

I need to try something new, my old drip makers just aren't cutting it, maybe I need to soak the parts in acid or something. Regular coffee maker cleaner hasn't done squat.

1/4 cup of white vinegar to a full pot of water. Run it through then two rinse pots of water after.

Much better than those commercial cleaners IMO. I do it routinely and it really takes all the deposits and gunk out. :thu: :thu:

• Members

Mine:

640211.jpg

Bunn coffee > anything. Then again, I like diner coffee not eurotrash-inspired donkey swill. (hehe)

I have one of those at work and it is the best coffee maker ever. I only make two or three pots of coffee at home per week, so a Bunn is not the correct tool for the job here.

Archived