Anybody looking for new cell phone service?

Thunderbroom

• Members

I ran across a killer deal.

Slick Deals Link

It won't work for me as I'm already with Sprint, am not quite ready to renew, and need a family plan.

Here's the gist of it:

500 minutes for $30.00 per month

1250 minutes for $49.99 per month

2500 minutes for $99.99 per month

Unlimited Sprint Vision or Power Vision (data plans...)

Unlimited Mobile to Mobile

Unlimited Sprint Picture Mail

Unlimited Roaming

Unlimited Nights & Weekends

Nationwide Long Distance

Voice Mail

Caller ID

Call Waiting

Numeric Paging

Three-Way Calling

• Members

Yeah, we've been doing the "Pay as You Go" thang. We're putting $50/mo. on
each
phone...seems high to me(??).

I'm not sure what kinda service Sprint has out your way, but for $100 per month you two would have 2500 minutes between you AND unlimited data. My guess is you could drop to the $30 each plan and still have enough minutes since the two of you can talk for free.

• Members

Go to Orange
;):p

I just changed providers today, going to bill pay. I've only been on pre-pay previously. I got a really hot phone.

Samsung U-600

samsung-u600-ultra-edition-10-9-ultra-ed

Its awesome!
:love:

That is pretty hot. I've been eyeing some candy-bar style phones lately. I much prefer them to flip phones, even if I do like my current phone.

motorola_pebl.jpg

• Members

Did you actually get this deal? the "SERO" deals are for sprint employee referrals and I thought were now impossible to achieve.

Order Receipt

Congratulations! Your order is complete.

Order Details

Your order confirmation number is : xx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxx

I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Something could always go wrong.

Porting your old Sprint number to this number is not possible as it stands. I've heard of people buying a trac-phone and transferring their existing Sprint number to it and then transferring the trac-phone number to this one. I guess you could do that if you let your current Sprint service expire.

Almost everyone in the IT department where I work has this phone and Sprint service. They said I would be crazy not to get this phone (which was slightly cheaper than the retention upgrade price) with the included service for the price that's offered. The head IT guy told me when it comes in to bring it by and he'll set it up so that I'll be synced with my Outlook profile. It will be setup to push incoming emails to my phone.

• Members

I'm pretty pissed, I'm still waiting for my number to be ported over. The provider I'm currently with are terrible. Their customer service center is in India....its a joke.

I'm gonna start swearing at them tomorrow if they don't release my number. I signed my contract on Saturday and still I have a brand new phone with no signal and an old phone with signal but a crappy service.

• Members

I got an email from Sprint/Nextel late this afternoon requesting that I call them. The long and short of it was that they said they couldn't process the request via the web (WTF?!?).

So...I called them. After 75+ minutes on the phone, they approved everything and even threw in free unlimited texting. I honestly think they were trying to wear me out and get me to give up as they seemed to really not want to push the deal through.

• Members

I'll let this die after this bump...

I really thought that this was a great deal that would generate more interest...especially for any of you folks that do data on your phone.

I priced up the same config from Sprint but with 50 fewer minutes and it's $65 per month. Other providers would likely be even higher since many charge a premium for data service.

• Members

I'll let this die after this bump...

I really thought that this was a great deal that would generate more interest...especially for any of you folks that do data on your phone.

I priced up the same config from Sprint but with 50 fewer minutes and it's $65 per month. Other providers would likely be even higher since many charge a premium for data service.

After we get back into town, I should have more time to look at phone plans. Cingular's been working well for us, but I'm certainly thinking there's better deals out there.

Archived