Ordered a new bass today - Peavey Grind Bass 4 BXP NTB

mfergel

• Members

I think those are very, very nice basses for the money. The first time I played a Grind NTB I was blown away by the price/performance ratio. I've played a few that needed some work however, suggesting that quality control isn't the best. You might have to do some tweaking once you get it, but if that doesn't put you off you'll have a nice bass in no time. I played an NTB 5-string that felt pretty nice but the fret ends stuck out over the edges of the fingerboard, most likely due to the wood shrinking (I'm guessing they woods they use aren't of the highest quality). Any competent repair person could correct this problem with a set of appropriate files however.

The weak point of the NTB series basses seems to be the pickups. They're not terrible; just low-output and rather dull sounding. I wish that DiMarzio still made the DP-128 Alchemy 101 Soapbar with mahogany cover. A pair of those would look absolutely incredible on an NTB.

Congrats on the bass, I hope you love it.

• Members

I have often wondered about the grind bass. I haven't played many Peavey's, but the ones i have played impressed me. The whole neck through design has always attracted me not only by the look, but by the fit, action, feel and sound of them. I have considered buying one of these at a point in time, 5-string tho, but didn't. Let me know how you like it, how it plays and how it sounds when you get it, i still might be interested in something like this.

Archived