OT: Just finished HP and the Deathly Hallows!

Funkee1

• Members

More HP Spoilers:

Check my updated website. Rowling added stuff -after- the epilogue.

wuwu (geeking out)

What is the URL for said website? I assume it's not the one in your signature.

I finished The Deathly Hallows today and can honestly say it was a nice end to the series. Yes, the ending was a bit cheesy (especially the epilogue) but very appropriate for the tween audience Harry Potter is primarily aimed at. The interviews with Rowling had me thinking that a major character was going to die (Harry, Ron, or Hermione) so I was glad that didn't happen.

Harry Potter's story is over and done with, but I think Rowling will write more books in the Potterverse. She's already doing other projects but I'm fairly certain she'll return to the magical world she created. I could see her making a new character or using a minor player from the HP series. A character like Teddy Lupin could be it. She also left the possibility of The Deathly Hallows being reunited wide open for another spin-off book.

• Members

What is the URL for said website? I assume it's not the one in your signature.

I finished
The Deathly Hallows
today and can honestly say it was a nice end to the series. Yes, the ending was a bit cheesy (especially the epilogue) but very appropriate for the tween audience Harry Potter is primarily aimed at. The interviews with Rowling had me thinking that a major character was going to die (Harry, Ron, or Hermione) so I was glad that didn't happen.

Harry Potter's story is over and done with, but I think Rowling will write more books in the Potterverse. She's already doing other projects but I'm fairly certain she'll return to the magical world she created. I could see her making a new character or using a minor player from the HP series. A character like Teddy Lupin could be it. She also left the possibility of The Deathly Hallows being reunited wide open for another spin-off book.

Here

• Members

haha i stayed off the internet until i finished it

Yeah, me too. I avoided all forums for a week before and until my wife & I finished last Thursday. Enjoyed the book. It was a little dreary and dragging in the middle, but that did sorta add to the despair of Voldemort's reign, I guess. It's sad to have them done.

Hmm, maybe it's time to come up with a new avatar.

• Members

Here

Good stuff! I was wondering what happened to Dolores Umbridge and assumed I'd just forgotten. Turns out Rowling didn't say. Probably dead or in Azkaban. It would also be nice to know what happened to Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy.

And yes, poor Dobby. :cry:

• Members

Good stuff! I was wondering what happened to Dolores Umbridge and assumed I'd just forgotten. Turns out Rowling didn't say. Probably dead or in Azkaban. It would also be nice to know what happened to Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy.

And yes, poor Dobby.
:cry:

She answers these questions and many others in a web chat:

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1156

• Members

I enjoyed the story.

The writing left much to be desired. In a few of the previous books, you could forget you were reading a children's book. This one was very obvious in my opinion.

I still own every book and movie thus far made.

• Members

And yes, poor Dobby.
:cry:

{censored} dobby. the poor pigeon got it!

:D:cry::cry::cry:

• Members

Okay HP fans, what was the deal with the baby at the death sequence towards the end? I'm talking about the time when Harry was supposedly killed by Voldemort in the forest and goes into a dream-like sequence where he meets up with Dumbledore in some sort of afterlife. There's a flayed infant laying under a chair and crying but Rowling never says exactly what it is, only that Harry can't help it.

• Members

Okay HP fans, what was the deal with the baby at the death sequence towards the end? I'm talking about the time when Harry was supposedly killed by Voldemort in the forest and goes into a dream-like sequence where he meets up with Dumbledore in some sort of afterlife. There's a flayed infant laying under a chair and crying but Rowling never says exactly what it is, only that Harry can't help it.

One presumes that is the part of Voldemort that was in Harry. Harry was one of the Horcruxes, yknow........

Archived