Nemesis NC410/NC212

Tarrant

• Members

Anyone use one? Pro's Con's? On musicians friend they say

"the extension speaker jack is wired in series, allowing the amp to deliver its maximum power to the internal speakers and allowing you to safely add almost any extension speaker."

But i couldn't determine from the specs if I could get away with running a 4ohm cab from the extension jack, do you think I could?

• Members

Thier extension cabs are wired so that instead of halfing the impedence by adding it, the impedence rises. So yes is safe to do. Has owned the 1x15 ext cab and the 2x10 combo. Found the 1x15 had better balance lows to highs with the 2x10 more emphasizing the lows. Fave brand for hifi sound for bass, keyboards & yes guitar too (for guitar esp suggests the 1x15 rather then the 2x10).

• Members

I had an earlier version of the 2x12 combo, lower wattage. Loved it... till the transformer went out and it stayed in the shop so long I eventually made the shop owner give me a refund.

I'd do more research on using a four ohm cab. That might be too much for this amp.

• Members

I already have a 4x10 presuming i can run it do you think that the 212+410 would be more versatile or the 410+410? I love the sound of a 4x10 and 2x12 can't really decide.

It comes down to what your ears prefer. If you are in a position to try both set-ups then see which you prefer.

Personally I'm a fan of the 2 x 410 set-up, but many people swear by the eden and Nemy 212 cabs. :thu:

Archived