Best Bass for the Buck? Not Junk.

YO55l

• Members

Are they still made there?

the 2 Rogue LX Pro Models I have are made in Korea,I am not sure whether or not they are still made in Korea or China now. I have a Fretless model made in China which is also a good buy for the money. Good craftsmanship and believe it or not pretty decent electronics as well.

• Members

I'm still high on this Squier that's not a Squier (i.e., it's a lot better):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-70s-Jazz-Bass?sku=519639

416354.jpg

(Sounding like a broken record at this point when I say) Attractive, good quality, good tone, Great reviews all around -- only $280.

This looks like a deal. It's in my target price. I was out bid on eBay on a CIJ P at $450. That was a nice piece. I realized that I didn't want to spend that amount of money, plus $90 on shipping. What does this bass weigh?

• Members

I found a deal for the time being. My brother is going to lend me his Aria Pro for a while, to see if I find playing bass to be something that I'll put the time into. I will need to get an amp, however.

• Members

I think that in the bang for the buck category I'd have to say Schecter. I got my stiletto studio 5 for $490 new on Ebay, it caught my eye and ear and hands the first time I played it. I was looking at basses in the $2000-$4000 range to get the bass that would last me till I die.... and I found it for less than $500....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

my main bass is a mid 70's Ventura lawsuit SG bass that sounds great and I've recorded on 4 albums with it ... found it for 80 bucks on ebay, put on a new bridge and it kills ... tough to find but if you do snatch them up ... they are ussually cheap because most folks aren't familiar with them or specifically why ventura was sued out of buisness (for making dead pan - near perfect replicas of the brands the ripped off)

Archived