Looking for a new job blows

B-Bottom

• Members

How many of you guys fill out the affirmative action section? I'm kind of curious

Nope, and where it reads race, if it says "white" i draw a line through it and write Anglo.

I'm glad i'm out of the job market, most jobs are great "if it wasn't for the people" :freak:

• Members

Nope, and where it reads race, if it says "white" i draw a line through it and write Anglo.

I'm glad i'm out of the job market, most jobs are great "if it wasn't for the people"
:freak:

absolutely.

I've come to the conclusion that their is not one job in this area that I want to work at. UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH

• Members

Get some training - an art school guy with experience working for the state isn't exactly ultra-employable. Take some night classes, get some kind of certification.

Think about what kind of job you actually want, and work backwards from there - find out what qualifications you need to do in order to get that job and start working on it. Otherwise you'll end up taking something that's meh and you'll be in the same position again in 5 years.

my $0.02

• Members

I just applied at an affiliate marketing company.. as jr designer, the add said they need someone who can do basic HTML, but doesn't everyone use WYSIWYG editors nowadays? I haven't actually used HTML in years,funny thing is, turns out to be the same place my wife justgot a job as a secretary..........

• Members

Forgot to mention, I've tried all the pro audio places in town and everyone is slow, so no one wants to take on new people, this sucks.... the great job that I thought I was a sure-shot for is no longer taking apps because they ahve a thousand+ jobs to hire for, none of which are close to audio, there was only 1 audio job posted, but they interview office is full trying to fill all those jobs for the new project............... Arrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhh!

• Members

well I have a lead on a delivery job. It seems interesting and pays pretty well. A singer that I used to play with put in a word for me so I pretty much have the job. That doesn't mean that the search does not continue...

Dewd - I'm telling you right now, you're gonna be back here in 6 months or less telling us how much you hate your new delivery job.

• Members

Dewd - I'm telling you right now, you're gonna be back here in 6 months or less telling us how much you hate your new delivery job.

We'll see. going back to school right now isn't an option. My main thing is getting out of the job I'm in, taking care of bills, and then worrying about the "big picture".

Not only that but the thought of going back to school right now makes me want to vomit.

Archived