What's the dumbest bass thing you've ever done

Jim-Bass

• Members

No, I married a selfish, status-obsessed bitch that drove us into debt with her overwhelming need to keep up with her trust-funded friends. Now I'm selling gear instead of buying it, and she's talking about buying a new car.
:)
C7

Which is why, when I get married, bank accounts remain seperate for the first 5 years.

• Members

No, I married a selfish, status-obsessed bitch that drove us into debt with her overwhelming need to keep up with her trust-funded friends. Now I'm selling gear instead of buying it, and she's talking about buying a new car.
C7

Man, where can I find one like that?? :love::love::love:

• Members

Did heavy mods on my first bass ('97 Squier P).

Things started off ok, I replaced the stock pickups with Bartolini's.

Next, I spray painted the body gray and covered the pick guard in metal tape.

It looked awful and the paint was really rough.

After that, I sanded the body down to bare wood and tried desperately to get the tape and residue off the p.g. I figured, if I"m already taking stuff off the bass, the frets should probably go too. A butter knife and some wood glue later, it was semi-fretless. (Only 'semi' because I didn't really sand the board; there were large bumps from the glue)

Weeks later, I went finish sanding the back of the body. I took off the neck and walked across the room, only to trip, fall and break the neck in half on my desk.

Ah to be 14 again...:rolleyes:

• Moderators
C7

Sorry, C7. Perhaps my joke that your post was OT wasn't too wise. Keeping up with the Joneses is tough.

• Members

Which is why, when I get married, bank accounts remain seperate for the first 5 years.

5 years is not enough. :rolleyes:

Get a joint checking account for household expenses and keep ALL other accounts separate - including brokerage accounts, credit cards, car loans, etc. Do not under any circumstances get joint credit cards.

If she has substantially more personal income and assets than you, you can ignore the above.:love:

• Members

Also once sold half my gear to pay rent. That was a sad day.

...and I've been down that road just this year ...had a nice Pro Condenser Microphone and stand; I loved it but it just didn't get used, so eBay'd it just to get some needed $

Archived