So, how would this be?..

Mr.Mow

• Members

I love the 55 PBass shape and Tele headstock.. But want a Jazz bass... (And dislike the look of Jazz basses.. they look funny to me..).

I present.. the 55 Jazz!
Ash 55 PBass body, Jazz pups, jazz maple neck with 51 telebass headstock!
(Pls Fender, bring it into production and gimme one for free for my great design skills! :D)

55_Jazz.jpg

• Members

The Model T has been in production since the early eighties. It was also available with a single P pickup and two J's.

Okay, sorry then. Didn't know. Actually thought Schecter was a newish company. You learn each day.

• Members
I love the 55 PBass shape and Tele headstock.. But want a Jazz bass... (And dislike the look of Jazz basses.. they look funny to me..).

I present.. the 55 Jazz!

Ash 55 PBass body, Jazz pups, jazz maple neck with 51 telebass headstock!

(Pls Fender, bring it into production and gimme one for free for my great design skills!
:D
)

55_Jazz.jpg

How about a 5 string....

2.JPG

3.JPG

• Members
Wow! That looks very 'one off'! The bridge looks like it was made specifically for THAT bass?

Crazy!

actually an off the shelf bridge. I specified the brushed look to match the dyed maple top.

Here in the builder http://www.beebasses.com/ Unique... but not 'one off' :thu:

Here is my 'build blog' of it's creation http://www.myselfalone.com/bee.htm

• Members

55_Jazz.jpg

Bollocks.. I'm gonna make it! Have sourced a nice affordable Jazz Bass neck, will carve the headstock down for the Tele shape..

Ash body, get it from USACG.. Haven't decided on a colour yet
String through Tele bass bridge

Haven't figured out what to do with the controls yet, I'd love to be able to keep the 2 knob setup, but know the Jazz really needs 3.. hmm.. 3 just looks wrong :mad:

Gonna be sweeeet!

• Members
Haven't figured out what to do with the controls yet, I'd love to be able to keep the 2 knob setup, but know the Jazz really needs 3.. hmm.. 3 just looks wrong
:mad:

A stacked pot would be the answer. Perhaps neck vol on the front pot, bridge vol on the back pot outer ring and tone on the inner.

Archived